CopyGuard

Username: K_powell01

Post Number: 1
I am interested in buying a DVD Recorder that is able to record off of HBO, Showtime, ect. This DVD Recorder must also be able to set a future recording time working well with Direct TV. Can anyone help?

You see, right now I have a Toshiba DVD Recorder and it works great with Direct TV to set the timer for future recordings. However, it does not record off of HBO, ect. I know someone who has a Panasonic (E85) and who can tape off of HBO, ect perfectly, but who cannot set timer to record (this person also uses Direct TV).
Any advise?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 471
Katie, your dilemma seems a bit unusual. You should be able to record virtually anything off of Directv. To the best of my knowledge and based on my many years of copying experience (I have been a Directv customer for 10 years), I've never encountered a copyguard problem. Now you may have to do some research to find what DVD recorders will actually work in conjunction with the receiver's timer function. But you should not be encountering any recording problems. If, for some reason, you are in fact running into copyguard issues, you would need to insert a digital video stabilizer between the satellite receiver and the DVD recorder.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 884
Toshiba and Emerson are the only recorders I've heard of having problems with copy once protection. Anything else should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 475
David, very useful info to have. Thank you.

Username: Peterdude1

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 2
any dvd recorder combis on the market that allow you to copy the original tape to the dvd deck? HELP thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 890
Not copy protected tapes. Combos are garbage, stay away from them and buy seperate.

Bronze Member
Username: Tlstrieg

Post Number: 21
Hi David,

I have DishNetwork, and don't have a problem with copyguard, but I was wondering if my Sima cc-2 will overcome the new copy protection that is supposed to go into place this summer.

Thanks,

Tom

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
What protection are you talking about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 895
What protection are you talking about?

Bronze Member
Username: Tlstrieg

Post Number: 22
Well, I'm not sure, but I've read in some threads on this or perhaps other forums, that the subscription movie channels are going to be instituting some new form of anti-recording protection beginning July 1 or so. If I'm wrong, then please feel free to correct me.

Tom

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 3
a few months ago i bought a goodmans dvd recorder
i have a jvc super vhs video i tried to copy a vhs tape using line #1+2 it woulnt record so got pissed off got rid of it thinking of buying a dvd recorder combi you know vhs-to dvd+rw but its copyrited for most original tapes, so thinking maybe this unit can be hooked up to my jvc s-vhs video? but dont want same probs again my line 2 is free will it record from there? why didnt the goodmans record vhs tapes both boxed and copys?
line 1 takes my sattelitte line 2 is free, hearing the bush SHOS2 is crap combi so thinking of getting the new LG model combi LGRC 1000 any one got this model and whats your verdict? thanks
peter

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 4
any one having problems recording dvd to dvd check out dvd shrink . this software can be downloaded from the net , it will record ANY dvd even copyrites, just type in shrink and download
good luck, peter

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
Tom, HBO/Cinemax has been using copy once protection for about a year now. It's supposed to let you record a DVD, but not copy it. The only thing I've heard of it doing is not letting Toshiba recorders record on anything but RAM discs, sort of strange when the way I heard it Toshiba was one of the companies who was involved in the design of copy once. I've copied many discs recorded since they started using copy once, didn't stop me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us