HVMI and DVI

Username: Thor

Post Number: 3
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a SAMMY 5674W along with a Denon 1910 DVD player. I am planning on hooking the whole package up to Comcast Cable box. My Question is, what is the best hook up as it relates to the DVD player and Cable box uitlizing the various HVMI and DVI ports. Cable box = DVI port ....DVD = HVMI port?

Lastly, the cables are really expensive. Is there a real drop in performance by going to non-Monster cables?

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Picture quality wise, there will be no difference if you have your dvd player in the hdmi or dvi port and the same goes for the cable box. The only difference (besides their size) between dvi and hdmi is that hdmi will also carry the digital audio signal in addition to the video signal. It will make no difference on your particular brand of tv unless there is a digital audio out port (coax or optical) on your tv. On your last question there was a thread about that subject and the consensus seemed to be that there was no noticable difference. I don't know if they bought the expensive cables first and then bought the cheap ones to see the difference though.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us