Explanation of DTV and Dish hacking

LK
Unregistered guest
It is a C/P from another site.....

Nobody will succeed in a glitch attack that dumps the EEPROM! Not in Nagra 2 or the P4 or even the new telephone smart cards...the reason being that the designers of of smartcards are making the EEPROM accessible only through RSA encryption. Know the RSA key and you can request EEPROM contents. Don't know the RSA key, well then, you are out of luck. Buffer overlows and glitching attacks against the EEPROM won't work.

Think of the smartcard as a house. The front door is locked and only the person with the key can enter (RSA key). Now, think of the EEPROM as the
cookie jar! In the old days, Dish and DTV would place the cookie jar(EEPROM)close to a window in the house. Then came along the cookie monster(hacker) who didn't have the RSA key to enter from the front door of the house.
Instead, he broke the window and grabbed the cookies (glitch attack)! However, he had to break a lot of windows before finding the correct window (required a lot of experiments with clock timing and voltage amplitudes). Once he knew the correct window (determined exact clock glitch timing) he could just go to the next house (new smart card) and repeat the process.

Okay, so dish and DTV got smart and moved the cookied jar to the basement where there are NO windows. Now, the cookie monster can still break all the windows (i.e. glitch attacks still work) but he can no longer reach the cookies because they are in the basement. Also, the cookie monster is too big to fit through any of the windows and get to the basement to get the
cookies. As a further precaution, DTV boarded up all the windows in the house to prevent anyone from breaking them in the first place (no glitch
attacks are possible at all). Dish on the other hand, just moved the cookie jar away from the windows and didn't feel it was necessary to board them up.

So how do Dish and DTV communicate with the cookie jar (EEPROM)? That is simple! They have a slave locked in the house who knows the RSA decrypt key. Dish and DTV send encrypted letters through the mail slot of the door. The slave decrypts them and follows the instructions. The most important message that Dish and DTV will request is: "Does this house have access to a
particular video channel? If yes, produce the video keys". Okay, so when the slave gets this request, he goes and checks the cookie jar in the basement to see if the "channel tiers" exist. If so, the slave says "YES" and video decryption proceeds. If not, then the slave says "NO" and the video is not decrypted.

So what can the cookie monster do? With DTV, nothing because the windows have been completely boarded up. With Dish, he can still break the windows. And now, what he needs to do is hit the slave in the head with a rock (new kind of glitch attack) when he is making the decisions about whether to produce the video keys or not. If the cookie monster hits the slave in the head with the rock at the precise moment (clock glitches must be precisely timed), then it is possible the slave will get confused and produce the video keys when he shouldn't have!

But, you can all see that hitting the slave in the head with a rock is much, much, more difficult than just breaking the window and grabbing the cookies like in the past!

The only other option the cookie monster has now is to pay a building contractor millions of dollars to remove the house from its foundation (ie. microprobe the card with expensive scientific instruments) without destroying the basement! Then the cookie monster will finally have his jar of cookies (ie. EEPROM dump)!

That is the laymans explanation of hacking!

Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 10
And the point of this post was????

Everybody knows there is no P4 or n2 hack.

Just card sharing!!!

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grows_back

Post Number: 595
There is no point, the fcuking retard is just wasting bandwidth with something that we already know...Go back to your other lame site and waste their bandwidth...fcuking pantty waste...

LK
Unregistered guest
The point was OBVIOUS...most think the P4/P5 or N2 hack is simple,this explains why it isn't..they ask why isn't it hacked yet etc..

BTW...I didn't realize until know that Maple Leaf and Kneegrow are the same person..and if I'm wrong,then Maple Leaf ,U're as bad as he is!...offer no help just sarcastic criticisms

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grows_back

Post Number: 599
LOL at retard Lk...go read my other posts and you will see I am much more intelligent them him...You think everyone is the same person you fcuking retard....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I only help when i can. And not with Bad advice.

You make post with statements that can cause problems for people. Tell them what the post are for.

I'm not who you think i am. LOL

LK
Unregistered guest
Maple Leaf...I see NO bad advice here or statement that creates problems,only a simple post that even an idiot like kneegrow can understand..why are U starting something here?...U MUST be kneegrow!...or a new mod here trained by kneegrow...U have not posted 1 informative helpful post yet!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
There is nothing here to help with.

Just no p4 or n2 hack that's all i was saying.

Peace on this thread ok.

Username: Avalon

Post Number: 6
That was an excellent post. The more people understand the logic of hacking, the better off we all are! Just my two cents.

Love-2-Learn
Unregistered guest
It was a simple explanation to people like me so we can understand how complex the hack is, if tried. Thank You very much LK and please ignore these idiots who are not creative but irritated and annoyed lil pri*cks.

n2
Unregistered guest
That post was taken from : [link removed]

I too believe this post was good for people who have no clue of how this stuff works, and why N2 cannot be hacked. Good sharing LK.

Stupid idiots like these need to be ignored!

MapIe Leaf
Unregistered guest
LK..I think that post was very informative for many people here that need to be educated on the fundamentals. Thanks for sharing.

MapIe Leaf
Unregistered guest
IGNORE KNEEGROW......ITS THE ONLY WAY

LK
Unregistered guest
and now an unregistered imposter "Maple Leaf" agreeing with me...I still think he's kneegrow as an alias..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I did not make those posts LK you can be sure of that. You can't trust any thing here.

Username: The_fisherman

Post Number: 7
LK, you are still the man. I like your analogy of P4 and N2. It puts the mundain into layman terms and very clearly. Some PEOPLE will try to belittle your efforts because they cannot get their mind around logic. Ignore them and keep up the good work. The Fisherman

Poacher
Unregistered guest
Dish Network Hacks !

No receiver card or programmer needed !

C L I C K H E R E

Username: Sall

Thanks for the info L K . Any idea when the Dish Network is done!

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Sept or sooner.

Username: Zuman37

Post Number: 1
With the Chinese ability to knockoff anything from DVD's to computer chips to motorcycles, I imagine it would be incentive $$$ for them to be first to market with a "new" FTA receiver based on a microprobe of the Nagra2 card.

LK
Unregistered guest
The first FTA was Korean made by Hyundai...and the Japanese have been working on N2 FTA's..

Username: Zuman37

Post Number: 2
Hopefully the Koreans and Japanese are working hard on the problem. It seems the most likely solution to reverse engineer from the hardware probe.

Username: Pgm45

CanadA, WA CANDA

FOLKS YOU NEED TO BACK OFF OF DAVE AND BEV FOR GOOD IF YOU WANT TO PAY A LOT .OF YOUR TIME IN JAIL JUST TO LET YOU KNOW

IF YOU CAN HELP
Unregistered guest
L K YOU SAY THE DISH WILL BE NO MORE COME
SEPT. WILL IT BE LIKE DIRECT TV!!! ALSO IS
THEIR ANOTHER SYSTEM OUT WITCH WE CAN GET FREE
TV. IF SO HOW MUCH? AND WHO SELLS IT...I DON'T
KNOW MUCH OF ANYTHING ABOUT SATELLITE SYSTEMS.
I OWNED A DIRECT TV RECEIVER. I NOW OWN A LIFETIME ULTRA RECEIVER. I DON'T WANT TO DEAL
WITH ROGERS CABLE OR ANYKIND OF CABLE COMPANY
I LIKE TO VIEW WHAT I WANT AND WHEN I WANT. AFTER
HAVING DIRECT TV YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK TO ROGERS
CANADA CABLE COMPANYS STINK.

LK
Unregistered guest
Other than subscribing o a satellite TV system (Dishnet,Bev,DTV),using TRUE FTA channels on various satellites with your FTA receiver is the only alternative...www.al7bar.T*K (remove the * in .T*K) has a TRUE FTA area in their forums,which U might want to read about..

Username: Omar786

i know some one who already hacked in to N2

Anonymous

good for you

NOT TRUE
Unregistered guest
No that is "NOT TRUE"
Let me tell U again "NO HACK for (n-2)
just full of shiit
It is like the retard out west who
says he got a hack working for
"DIRECT TV" pull start

TRUE_YES
Unregistered guest
We don't need the P4/P5 hack or the N2 hack. The P6 has already been hacked. I've seen it myself. The hacked P6 will soon be available on the internet. Good times are back.

Username: Avalon

I didn't know that a p6 even exsists. Can anyone else verify this?

Username: Bargain

Huntington Beach, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Anyone can help me please. My receiver 2700 and 301 can not power up after extracting box keys. I have no idea because of the Voltage Regulator or not. If it is the Voltage Regulator, please let me know where to buy that part. Thanks a lot.

gato3patas
Unregistered guest
( C & P )

On the DTV website they say they launched the "rethink tv" campaign using a new logo. The P-6 card has this logo( which is much better than the lamer chevron and striper models). Since the VA packets havent seemed to change in length I would suggest it is merely a repackaging. If someone ever gets an ATR we would know for sure. If it wasnt for the fact that some people already have them, I would otherwise have thought that they were going to be used for the MPEG4 systems that should come out later (MPEG4 doesnt require a new card, but a new flashy logo seems reasonable).

mr nice
Unregistered guest
NO P-6 don't event talk to the spam,
some of these bird have no life at all
they are what u call a social outcast.
They talk alot of bull Shiq. from what I
see on this message board u have alot
of misplace people with little to no
education. Ecoustics needs to take out
the "TRASH" and clean things up! "DON'T
U ALL THING SO". No such thing is a (P 6 card).

Six Pack
Unregistered guest
u full of shit......I have one

LK
Unregistered guest
There front and back photos of an "alleged" new DTV card...they are in the D1 card area,I believe..its a real simple looking card ,but there is not a "rethink" logo..the original poster believes it to be a P6 card,buy some are skeptic,such as myself..It does have a patent # and DTV and NDS on back of it (looks just like the back of a P3 card)..front is very plain and gray if I remember correctly..this could be truth,or its very simple to edit any photo...I believ it to be a hoax,just cause I do not know or heard of anyone receiving this alleged P6 card..I think after the P5 card now,there will be NO more cards...everything will be cardless receivers who have the camID eeprom embedded in a chip in each new receiver..

LK
Unregistered guest
There are front and back photos of an "alleged" new DTV card in the forums at dsscommunity.co m...they are in the D1 card area,I believe..its a real simple looking card ,but there is not a "rethink" logo..the original poster believes it to be a P6 card,buy some are skeptic,such as myself..It does have a patent # and DTV and NDS on back of it (looks just like the back of a P3 card)..front is very plain and gray if I remember correctly..this could be truth,or its very simple to edit any photo...I believe it to be a hoax,just cause I do not know or heard of anyone receiving this alleged P6 card..I think after the P5 card now,there will be NO more cards...everything will be cardless receivers who have the camID eeprom embedded in a chip in each new receiver..

LK
Unregistered guest
The alleged P6 card photos are in the P4 area,in a thread called "take a look at this" at dsscommunity..I stand corrected...both the front and back do say "rethink tv",but no logo...and the front is all little blue dots almost forming an arrow shape..The patent # 4.748.668 is the exact same patent# as on the P3/Hu cards...there are NO patent #'s on either the P4 or P5/D1 ...this alleged P6 card is very boring,ugly,simple and very poor graphics..

LK
Unregistered guest
Take a look at this, it seem like this is the so mentioned P6 card.

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/132/04/chickitacard.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/132/05/back.jpg

tony motorola
Unregistered guest
ok... so its definitely NOT a P-5 card.
What should we call it then?
P-6 ?

LK
Unregistered guest
call it whatever U want and believe it to be....P6,another test card by DTV,a hoax,etc

BTW...there are NO P5 cards..they are D1 cards...D1=Directv1 cause its the first and only card they have made themselves...P5 is a terminology that us peeps made up cause of the P1,2,3,4...and so is the P6...I believe a couple years back, DTV referred to a future development of a GOLD card..

Craig2
Unregistered guest
most likely its a hoax because its been said in varios forums that after the P-4 and P-5 (or D1, whatever), Dave would go cardless......
who knows.......

LK
Unregistered guest
Bev and Charlie both have cardless receivers for a year now, and DTV did say that would be their way too in the future,so I also believe this card to be a hoax..

BTW..the linked above alleged "P6" card has nothing GOLD about it..

LK
Unregistered guest
Kneegrow the Mod here!

Now that Kneegrow has surfaced here again (was probably on paid vacation), have U noticed:

Analman returned
Larry Doherty returned
Punjavi returned
More thrashy disgusting "unregistered" posts
There is a campaign to get rid of me and Maple Leaf

Your posts are getting DELETED (many/most of mine) BUT NONE of his (Kneegrow) or his aliases and other "unregistered" thrashy posts..

Now tell me,that Kneegrow is NOT an Ecoustics mod, paid to create havoc here,play the clown,entertain,run these forums so as to draw internet hits for google for the sponsors and Ecoustics,and delete informative posts to save bandwidth and keeps people coming back to ask the same questions over and over (more internet hits at 10 cents each = alot of money),...ITS ALL SO OBVIOUS!...HE'S A MOD HERE!...and a SNITCH/MOLE for DTV,Dishnet,BEV and the FCC...U all think he's funny,but he's got your IP logged and your email addy (if U're stupid enough to register here)and handing it over to the authorities...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us