VHS C Playback on VCR Problem

Username: Rickster1970

Sapulpa, OK USA

Post Number: 1
I do have the VHS-C-to-VHS adapter, One of the tapes that we used play back fine, two other tapes play as if they are on fast forward, was told to look for a switch to change the speed on the adapter, could not locate one.. Has anyone had this same problem? The tapes are MAXWELL HGX-GOLD 30, not sure what speed they were recorded in but was told that when played back with the camcorder they play back fine, I do not have the camcorder available to play back though .. Thanks for your help ..

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 434
Are you sure the tapes are not MAXELL? Try adjusting your tracking control.

Sapulpa, OK USA

Post Number: 2
Yes Maxell, Must have had Coffee on the brain , I now have the tapes in hand, it seems that during the same vacation a TDK HG Ulitmate TC-30 tape was used and plays back fine, but both the Maxell's will not play, they are in constant fast forward, about 2x .. tried the tracking , it did not change anything .. Is there a speed control for the converter box ???? If so I dont think that the ne I have has one .....

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 915
Tape speed is done by the control head. It's possible the VCR needs cleaned. If not, the tape isn't aligned when it passes by the control head, the tape is defective, or it wasn't aligned right when recorded. Cleaning the audio/control head isn't hard, open the VCR and look for the stationary head on the right side of the drum assembly, clean the head with a q-tip wet with alcohol. Let it dry for a couple of minutes before using the VCR.

Sapulpa, OK USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the Info, this is something that i had thought of , so we tried to play the tapes on several different VCRs, all three VCR's have the same problem, I guess my only option is to find someone that has a compatible Camera now, the one that was used was lost in a house fire ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us