Extended Warranties

mills014
Unregistered guest
I bought a Samsung DLP 4663 a month ago from Circuit City. I think I'd like to get an extended warranty, but CCs warranty plan is ridiculously expensive ($500 for a $2000 TV is way out of proportion). Are their cheaper ones I can buy from reputable companies despite not having bought the TV from them?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 834
There are other warranty companies, Sears sold warranties last I knew. Do an internet search, I'm sure you will find other companies. I've seen warranty companies fold up before, so find one that has been around for awhile and can be trusted. With anything Samsung made you just might need it, they aren't known for reliability.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 396
Amen to that.

Username: Alincal

Post Number: 5
A lot of times you can negotiate the warranty when buying the product. I bought a Samsung HLP 4673W. They wanted $500 for a five year warrenty. I was able to bring it down to $250. They have a lot of room on these and if it means a sale vs. no sale they may give you a deal. Personally, I usually don't believe in warrenties. But these DLP's seem fairly unstable. I already have had to have them exchange my first one for a new one.

mills014
Unregistered guest
Alan, did this negotiation happen at Circuit City?

Anonymous

avoid extended warranties at all cost, as they are TOTAL RIPOFFS costing you your freedom

Username: Alincal

Post Number: 6
Good Guys

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 428
Not always total rip offs, especially if you are an early adopter to new and untested and perhaps relatively expensive equipment. But almost always over priced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us