Arrival of 50" xHD3 sets

Username: Dhenriks

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have any current information about when we will see xHD3 based DLPs in stores ?

I have a 47" in wall cutout that I need my new DLP to fit in. So, I could go with a Samsung 5067, or an RCA HD50LPW16x.

After countless hours at several stores, I have determined that at least with my eyes, the RCA HD50LPW162 blows away the Samsung 5067, and even the HD2+ based Samsung sets. But, I'm not willing to buy a set that will require $500+ for lamp replacement. My local Best Buy does still have some of the 162's available (open box, and floor models).

I think I will wait for the new Samsung or RCA xHD3 sets. If I only had some useful info on when the would arrive in stores ...

Unregistered guest
dave:
which rca models will have the xhd3 chip? do you think it will be soon? am looking at a 61 inch

Unregistered guest
dave:
which rca models will have the xhd3 chip? do you think it will be soon? am looking at a 61 inch

Username: Dhenriks

Post Number: 2
I have no specifics on when RCA will offfer the xHD3 chip in a new model, I just happen to really like the picture on the HD50LPW162, as well as the rich feature set of the new RCA DLPs.

I am surprised that nobody appears to have any idea when Samsung will be releasing their xHD3 based sets. I wonder if that means it probably wont happen any time soon ?

I guess it makes sense for Samsung to keep quiet about it because as soon as they announce that it is a month or two away, their DLP sales will quickly slow down until the new models hit the streets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us