Panasonic HDTV too green, too much color

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 819
I just got a Panasonic 27" HDTV, I use the progressive scan in HD mode. Everything is green and the color level is way too high. I can set the color and tint to 12, factory setting is 31, there is still too much color and everything still has a green tint. It's also more green on the right side of the screen than the left side.I opened the TV to look for adjustments, there are none. I got the TV really cheap and would like to keep it, but it's unwatchable the way it is. There are no magnetic sources anywhere near the TV. Is there anything that can be done without messing with the picture tube itself? If not I guess I'll just have to sell it.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 167
I don't know anything about your TV, and I'm not a technician, repairman, et cetera, but I've dabbled with my TV sets, over the years, and been pretty lucky. I can't remember the last time I've taken one to the repair shop. When a TV gets to that point, I just take it out in the desert and use it for target practice...

Anyway, TV's have two menues these days. One of them is for the user, and the other is for service work, e.g. a 'secret menu'. How you get into this 'secret menu' is... a secret. And, different TV manufacturers use different methods to get into the service menu.

Sometimes, if you're lucky, there will be a little (and I mean little) sticker somewhere inside the cabinet telling you how to get into the service menu. It'll be something like pushing and holding the 'on' button, volume -, and channel ^, for five seconds, yada, yada. If you can't find one inside your TV, you'll have to look around for a Sam's, or whatever. Sometimes libraries have TV service books. Or, call around to some service shops, Google it, et cetera.

Once you get into the 'secret menu', you can set your color levels, focus, and so forth. Personally, I use an old Nintendo 64, and Super Nintendo for color generators. I know this is ghetto as hell, but it works.

That's about all I can offer. Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 831
Many thanks, I found the way into the service menus and all is well. I thought the TV was toast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us