Samsung HL-P4663W Questions

Username: Jared_dlp

Acworth, GA

Post Number: 1
I have recently purchased the Samsung HL-P4663W (Wednesday 4/6) at Best Buy. I have run into a few issues, of which I have seen similar postings here, but not all on the same set. Best Buy has agreed to swap our 46" set out for the 50" set in attempt to resolve the issues below. Before I drag the TV back up there only to have the same issues with a 50" set, I'd appreciate any insight the members of this board can provide me with. Here are the issues I am experiencing:

1) Response delay from PS2. I have tried wiring the PS2 directly to the set through both brand new component cables and the basic red/yellow/white AV cables. I have also tried going to a VCR to no avail. Whenever a button is pressed on the controller, the set processes it late. Is this an issue with just the Samsung, or all DLP TV's?

2) Poor picture quality through DirecTV. I have both a DVR and RCA basic satellite receivers. None of which are HD. I have connected both receivers up through S-video, coax and the basic red/yellow/white AV cables to no avail.

I have contemplated purchasing and installing the DirecTV HD equipment, but have read and heard that the non-HD channels will still be seen with poor quality. Basically all people and objects on the TV have a fuzzy line around them. Is this something that can be corrected for non-HD channels seen through DirecTV on this type of TV?
Will purchasing the HD equipment improve the quality of the picture for the non-HD channels?

I love the look of the set and would like to keep it. However, the PS2 and picture quality issues potentially are deal breakers for me and this equipment. Any help or configuration ideas that can be provided are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Since you are a gamer, the only Samsung set with absolutely no lag is the 5067 available online only.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=6691464& isbn=&pid=

You can try component (RGB) cables on other Samsung models, but you have to go into the PS2's menu and switch to progressive scan mode. It only works with games that support progressive scan.

FYI
Unregistered guest
I don't have any picture quality issues with Direct TV whatsoever.

I use a Samsung SIR TS360 HD/Terrestrial receiver.
I use an old style UHF antenna for my local digital networks. The receiver combines the UHF into the DTV on the same guide.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2485266&search=sir+ts360
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us