An EXCELLENT 32" LCD deal

Username: Stephenchow

Post Number: 1
tigerdirect.com (the greatest store online) has a deal on an Ultra 32" LCD for $1199 (+ a $100 mail-in rebate).

This LCD is listed as a "Protron 32 inch LCD" but be warned...this is an error listing. Some of the specs on their site is wrong, and nowhere on the box or manual does it even say "Protron." I believe that Ultra stopped calling them Protrons after the 30" model.

The biggest typo on their website is where they say it's 24ms response time, which is slow. The manual says it's 12ms, and I believe the manual. I've seen no ghosting on PC games or XBox games, and they'd be the most likely to show since they run upwards of 90 FPS. Another error on the listing is the shipping price of $50. The big weighs about 70 pounds and is as big as a human. The other LCD's they sell there at the same size start at $100 shipping.

Also, if you look around on cached search engines, you'll see that this monitor was selling for $1699 a few weeks ago. Who knows? Maybe this price is a typo. It's very weird. All I know is that I ordered it and it's an amazing deal. DVD's in 720p are crystal clear. You don't get that pixel bleeding that you get from plasma. It's perfectly crisp. I've tried it as a computer monitor and it was perfect. I could get right up on it without it getting fuzzy.

I put this in my bedroom where I only have about 5 feet I can get away from it. It looks great. Just be warned...non HD digital programming will look fairly crappy. This isn't because the TV sucks, it's because its TOO good. You can see all the dirty compression from your compressed digital feed so you might want to turn the sharpness down so you can smooth some of that out. It's like watching a really strongly compressed media file on your PC. You'll be amazed to see how much compression they use, since you can't see it with a standard TV.

Unregistered guest
i also bought this tv and i really love it.
great pic and even though i spent 1399.00 from shop nbc i still feel like it was a good deal.
shop nbc sells it now for 1299 but you can break it up in like 5 payments and they will ship it to you for the 1st installment plus shipping. i think the payments were aroung 250 a month for 5 months.same as cash type thing.
thanks,
angi

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Costco has an even better deal.

ProView 32" HDTV LCD with HDMi-HDCP Model# RX-326 for $899.99 after $100.00 off at Costco. Valid July 5th thru July 10th.

The TV will be available at the warehouse aswell as the website.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
BTW...

The DVi input for thouse Ultra/Protron/Avion/ProSonic TVs is NOT HDCP compliant. The DISH Network 811 or 921 receivers, High-Def. up conversion DVD players and HDD recorders will not work on these TVs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us