Toshiba HD DLP TV 44NHM84

Username: Blarnee

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I bought this HD DLP TV in January from Future Shop. It has an amazing picture but...
8 weeks later, rather than turning on instantly, it became erratic - sometimes instant - sometimes 20 minutes of multiple attempts before it came on. Two repair visits later it was concluded I needed "a part".
Now, 5 weeks after the initial problem I have no picture at all, the store tells me all the lamps in their floor models have failed as well and I'm left waiting for "the part" and lamp both of which are on back order due to the number of failures.
$3,000 (Cdn) later I've no TV and no idea when I might have one and a refusal on the store's part to replace it until I've waited 60 days from the intital problem.
Do yourself a favour - avoid Toshiba and avoid Future Shop.

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 72
Do yourself a favour - avoid Toshiba and avoid Future Shop.

I can't speak for your set but I love my 62HMX94.

DAZMUFC
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A SAGEM DLP AND THE PICTURE QUALITY IN THE STORE WAS AMAZING, BUT WHEN I SET THE TV UP AT HOME THE PICTURE QUALITY IS POOR, VERY GRAINY AND JUMPY, HAS ANYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM WITH A DLP BEFORE?

Anonymous

My 46HM94 TV is 7 months old and has performed very well...till yesterday when the lamp crashed. This is denoted by the red & green lights flashing together.
The TV is under warranty for one year, so Toshiba America says they will replace it. But if lamps are going to fail twice a year, this will be very expensive home theater. BTW, I had set the lamp on low, "natural bright" to "extend lamp life". If 7 months was extended, I can't imagine what average life would be.

Anonymous

I forgot to mention in the above posting...yes, Toshiba America will replace my lamp...that is, they would if they had one. Which they don't. My expensive TV is dead for who knows how long, but probably weeks. This tells me that lamps are failing faster than they can be manufactured, a sad commentary on this technology. But while my TV is a piece of sculpture, the warranty period continues to tick away as if I was watching it.

andy316
Unregistered guest
To DAZMUFC: Ive seen this model being shown off in many stores, trhe reason why it looks sooooo stunning is because they have a high def demo box plugged into it. Interesting that normal Tv does not look good though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us