Dishnet PPV sports and cricket are gone to Nagra2 BUT

Bosox
Unregistered guest
I'm sick of hearing about it,so here..

I think This Steps will help the people to get the cricket for short period.

PPV sports on dick net (Dishnet) is Nagra2 now, so no question of finding it there.
It is available on NIMQ 1 (which is Bev,which dies APRIL 20TH) which is at 91.14 W degrees and it is still Nagra1

Sat 91 are actually 2 satellites. One of them is leased from DTV and has a very tight beam covering Canada. It is very difficult to get in the southern US. Therefore, unless you have a very large dish, you are unlikely to get the channels that are on one of the 91 sats.
In northern region of US regular dick net / DTV dish will work.

So you will have to point your dish towards that.

How to get the parameters for setup?

1) Need to know your location.
(ZIP/Postal code or get the precise Longitude/Latitude from http://www.nerosoft.com/SatCalcView.asp
in the next section of that page,
Select one of the geosynchronous satellites, or enter the longitude of the satellite
In our case it will be NIMIQ 1
Hit Calculate.

Once you get this result you need to set up your dish in that direction.
Set up can be done using Dick Net Receiver (directly connected to dish without switch in between) or using any dish pointing device.
To get an rough idea know that (Sat 91 and Sat 82 NIMIQ 1& 2 are between (Sat 65.5 W) Echo 3 and (Sat 110 W)

After you get good signal strength (at least 50%) from NIMIQ 1, need to work on your receiver.

Preferably the connection to from dish to receiver should be direct (without switch) as some of the members have posted that they had problem with switch in between.
I don't know it was a configuration issue or some thing else...

In receiver menu from antenna set up add NIMIQ 1

If you are not worried about massing up your channel list you can do a power scan for NIMIQ 1 with All + D option.
Or
If you have good channel list and TP for NIMIQ 1 is set to go, try to adding one of 12501, 12976 or 13097.

For ultra you can select sat button and make sure NIMIQ 1 is there
The name of the channel is CRKT, under NIMIQ 1

If you get a good signal strength for 91 and can not get the channel or if you find CRKT and can not see the picture, try turning off the FTA form the Back switch , wait for 30 sec and turn back on.

Cricket_FAN
Unregistered guest
Bosox, this is great news! I have over 95% signal strength on nimiq1 but when I scan channels I get 110.W channels. Do I have to go and add more LNBs? What do you think I should do? If you have any suggestions I will follow it. Thank you so much for all your help. btw..I'm in New York.

Bosox
Unregistered guest
Did U see this in my post?

It is available on NIMQ 1 (which is Bev,which dies APRIL 20TH)

Username: Aam

Post Number: 7
Bosox, you have been great help!!!!I have MegaSat yt6688 receiver and currently scanning Echo 7 and Echo 6.8 satellites, I live in Los Angeles, very new to all this satellite game....where do I face the dish to get Cricket, please be specific.....how about getting the Indaian and Pakistani channels...ex. ARYDI, B4U, GEOTV etc......thanks alot in advance

Username: Chicalis

Post Number: 1
I have problems to get de PPV on Echo 6.8/110W any ideas?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 141
Need a lot more info than that for help. We have no idea what you are running or with what.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us