Progressive Scan Question?

Username: King_benjamin

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a Progressive Scan question. Before you can use Progressive Scan I understand you must have an HDTV but at the same time will an HDTV Ready TV work as well? I guess the only difference between the two is one comes with the HDTV receiver and the other does not. Can some one help clear me up on this.

I have a Sony KP53HS10 CRT HDTV Ready, I would like to know if Progressive Scan will work with my TV or must I go out and buy a HDTV receiver for it.

Username: John_s

Post Number: 1
Progressive scan will work on your HD ready TV, provided you send the video to the set via component (3 wire) cord. An HD receiver (actually tuner is a better word} enables you to receive locally broadcast HD programming with an antenna.

Username: King_benjamin

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply you have been great help. Just one final question is component (3 wire) cord an s-video cable?

jammo
Unregistered guest
component (3-wire) cord/cable is very different from s-video. It has 3 wire with red, green, blue coding. and your system both tv and player should have component in/out before you can use it.

Unregistered guest
HI, I HAVE A HD READY TV WITH PROGRESSIVE SCAN, IT ALLOWS YOU (VIA REMOTE) TO SELECT THE PROGRESSIVE SCAN OPTION, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I SELECT THIS OPTION WILL THIS MEAN I WILL THEN BE WATCHING IN PROGRESSIVE SCAN (BETTER QUALITY)? OR DO I NEED TO DO OTHER STUFF?

Anonymous

1st, TURN CAPS LOCK OFF OR GET FINGER OFF OF THE SHIFT KEY!

2nd, can you not figure it out for yourself if the quality of the picture is better?!!? If you have an HD ready tv with progressive scan, you have what you need...except you didn't mention if you have the COMPONENT cables (3 wire) not like your typical cable say from a vcr but one that is RED, GREEN, BLUE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us