Help to many Sony TVs

Unregistered guest
Ok I need help. I really like the Sony model TVs, but when comparing prices from different stores i noticed there is different models. I am looking at the 50' KF50WE620 which is cheaper when compared to the 50' KF50WE655. What is the main difference in these TV's (becides the price)? Are these good tv's for XBOX/live, DVD, and (right now) standard cable tv. We may upgrade to Dish though. thanx

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
The WE620 is an older model, and has no built-in HD-tuner. It also has a DVI input instead of HDMI.

They use the same LCD panels, so picture quality should be the same.

The 50" versions are very good at DVD's using component cables, standard cable TV varies too much, but should be acceptable. As far as your XBOX, I have never hooked one up, but if you have the component output adapter, you should get a decent picture from it. Maybe someone else that has hooked one up can answer that question for you. BTW, I had the 55" WF655 for about a month, but returned it for reasons not pertaining to picture quality.

Unregistered guest
ok well i ruled out the We620, because of the HD tuner... NOw what is a good way to determine the size of TV you need? viewing distance for me would be about 11-14' and we were looking at a 42" or 50". Is that about right?

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
Go to this link http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html and scroll down to the calculator.

Personally I have a 61" widescreen display and sit 12 feet away.

TV Psychic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us