Considering the Hitachi 42HDT51 - Any Thoughts?

Username: Landstander7

Post Number: 5
I'm considering getting the Hitachi 42HDT51 42" Plasma and am wondering if anybody has had any good/bad experinces with this one. CNET gave it a pretty high overall (8.1 out of 10), but rated the picture quality a 7, due to less-than-great black levels/shadow detail. Another review (I think sound & Vision) had the same issue regarding the picture.

This is particularly worrisome, because I am planning on returning my DLP RPTV, a Toshiba 44NHM84, precisely because the shadow detail is singularly horrific. Last thing I want to do is plunk down the extra cash for a plasma only to find I have the same frustrating shadow detail deficencies.

Of course, I am spending some time in front of the demo Hitachi at the store, since nothing beats actually looking at the picture, but I'm curious about anyone's experiences with this set once they get it home, which is the real test in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this plasma!

BTW, I can get the 42HDT51 from Video Only SF for what appears to be an astounding $3,499, $500 to $1,500 less than I've seen elsewhere . . . . . seems like a great deal, so I'm wondering if it's too good to be true . . . .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us