Sony 34XS955 and Comcast HD

Username: Devlogos

Post Number: 4
Hi Folks:

I just got the tube setup with HDTV from comcast. Although the HD channels look great (even though in fast motion (basketball) I see some chopiness)...some nonHD look really crappy. I setup the TV for "progressive". Am I missing something?

Thanks

-dev

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 331
Nope. Not unusual for digital tv to display non HD programming in less than optimal fashion.

Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 7
I have noticed the same problem on many HDTVs. What's the point of shelling out $900+ for a HDTV only to have everything except high definition look like crap? There's more analog then digital programming out there anyway I'm stick'n with my good old 4:3 standard definition, at least until they quit making them.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 352
Excellent point Steven. However, as you know, all broadcast signals will eventually be going digital. I understand they will manufacture "boxes" to convert those signals for use on analog tvs. Me, I purchased digital because I primarily watch DVDs and HD programming. A couple of posters have stated that "analog sucks" but I have taken issue with such broad condemnations. There is nothing wrong with a good analog set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us