Panasonic DMR-E85H won't let me manually set clock after disabling TV Guide On Screen

Robbadobba
Unregistered guest
I have this recorder since January, and the TV Guide On Screen was enabled and set since day one. I have since decided that I don't care for the service, and would rather just use the recorder as a VCR, so I tried to disable the TV Guide feature as instructed by several Customer Service agents:

--Hit Channel up and Channel down
--Unit powers off
--Power unit back on, then promptly hold down power button for 10 seconds
--Unplug power cord for 1 minute
--Plug back in while pressing power button
--Unit runs Self Check, and should go to the Welcome to TV Guide setup screen
--Answer "USA" and plug in my zip code, then answer "No" to everything else

Now at this point, I should be able to manually set my clock, which is blinking 12:00AM, or even run Auto Clock setting and set my box to PBS. Problem is...though neither clock setting choices are greyed out in the regular (non TV Guide) setup screen, when I select either one and hit enter...nothing happens. I can't set my damn clock, so I can't timer record anything.

The weirdness doesn't stop there. 2 programs that I had set to tape on a weekly basis when TV Guide was active are still showing up despite my having DELETED THEM myriad times. I delete them from the record screen, and everytime I run the reset procedure, they reappear. And other times after the Channel Up and Channel Down portion of the reset, I can't even get into the Program/Check or Function screens at all.

Basically, I am having trouble getting the unit back to Factory, out-of-the-box settings. Cust Svc says sometimes it takes 4 or 5 reset procedures to get everything blanked out. I'm on #6. And, yes, I have disconnected the IR Blaster.

Any suggestions, short of packing and shipping?

Username: Brazman

Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brazil

Post Number: 3
Hi !
Go to
http://www.dxcc.com/dmr-e85h.htm

I had the same prob... It fixed now could manually set the clock

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us