Samsung P4674W that always says mono

Username: Russtri

Post Number: 10
Hey gang on my new set I have set the necessary menu adjustments on the sound menu to stereo but yet when I switch channels everyone says mono. Any ideas? My Sharp Aquos in the kitchen is hooked up to the same cable and it reads stereo on the channels that are in stereo.

Anonymous

Russ on my 5674 when I change channels it says mono and broadcast in mono for about 1 to 2 seconds then it switches to stereo. If your going through a cable box try hooking the cable directly to your tv just to see if it starts working. If you can't get it working right and bought it local get it swapped out or use your warranty.

Bronze Member
Username: Russtri

Post Number: 12
I have just regular cable without the converter box and it runs first into my VCR then to my antenna 1 input. Would this make a difference for it does not with my other TV's in the house.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Russ,

I can't believe you have a 74 and you're using a crap cable signal. There is no way that you can be experiencing what that set is capable of showing you. Kiss the VCR goodbye, already!

The best HD receiver you can buy is the Samsung SIR TS360 Direct TV HD/Terrestrial receiver. It combines your off-air digital with the DTV signal in the same guide. Sat signal is awesome. Standard definition is superior to any cable signal. HD will knock your socks off. DTV may still be offering 6 months HD for free.
There is no better way to enjoy that set.
I hope you have surround sound.
Excellent 5 channel systems are available for around $200 now that the new 7's are out. I got my Onkyo on eBay!
The Sammy HD receiver has an optical audio out for an SS receiver. Then, you will be in home theater heaven.

If you have a progressive scan DVD player make sure you go into the player's menu and switch it to display 16:9 and 480P. It has a digital coax or optical audio out too. It's the only way to fly. If you don't have one yet, good ones are less than $100 now days.

Loose the VCR! It's robbing your signal!
It will never display a decent signal from a tape. There are combo VCR/DVD recorders for dubbing all of your old VHS's to DVD's. Then you can enjoy them in 480P format.

You have made the jump to HD with that 74.
Now, retire any crap signal and give that set what it deserves!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us