Multi-directional HD Antenna???

Username: Wlm29

Aurora, Colorad USA

Post Number: 2
Hey everybody!! First time post here!! QUESTION!!! I'm in Auora, CO 80013. Went to antennaweb.org and got all the HD channles in my area. Bought the Directv HD receiver, have the HD ready TV, now wondering about the OTA antenna. Antennaweb states I need an multi-directional antenna. Now, after all the reading I've done (and still know next to nothing!!!) these are pretty small guys. I live in a multistory townhouse with literally an unubstructed view in the directions that antennaweb told my I'd get my channels from. Issue, I can't put an antenna outside. HOA. Need something inside. I've seen the Terks and whatnot, but not sure about the whole thing. Anyone in my area that can give me some insite??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 675
It's trial and error, and totally dependent on your specific location and your local TV stations.

Buy a set-top first and see if you can get all your locals. If one is missing, go to that stations website and find the tower location and verify if they're operating at full power and it's distance from where you live. It's possible that the station is at fault, or it is too far away.

At worst, you can exchange the settop, and buy something a little bigger. If you live in a Metro, your chances are good for success.

I only have a small ANT inside, and get all my locals just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us