Samsung HP-P5031-Anyone have any feedback?

Scooter1
Unregistered guest
Looking into pulling the trigger on this 50" model. Does anyone have any feedback on it. I can't find any reviews on it and the price seems too good to be true. Help me out here!!

scooter1
Unregistered guest
Bump

scooter1
Unregistered guest
I can't believe nobody knows about this plasma tv!!! It is a 50" that has the price of most 42" plasmas. Is Samsung's 4th generation plasma screen much better than their last screen? Any help would be appreciated. Come on all you videophiles, help me out!! Here is the manufacturers link:
http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pr od_id=HPP5031X%2fXAA

Unregistered guest
Just got one on Tuesday. Hooked it up to my Onkyo receiver and a new Samsung HD-841 DVD player. Awesome. Colors, clarity, picture, sound. Awesome. I'm no video expert, but it looks great to me. Got it at Sears for $3600! ($4K less 10% off for financing it with no interest and no payments at all for 1 year). Hard to beat the deal for a 50" plasma. Cablevision is coming Tuesday with my HD box and I'll be all set for the summer. I may never go back to work.

scooter1
Unregistered guest
I bought it too!! Too good of a deal to pass up!! I was not aware of the 10% financing deal though :-(. I agree that the picture is excellent. I had cablevision install the HD box+DVR on 4/27. The DVR is worth the extra $

Unregistered guest
I already have TiVo on my other TV. I didn't feel that it was necessary for the Samsung because it can't record HD and for regular TV, 50" screens pretty much suck. Cable quality being what it is, blowing the picture up to 50" doesn't really help much. So my TiVo (which I now can't imagine being without, but that's another whole thread) stays in the family room and the plasma stays in the home theater.

Good luck with your Samsung 50" and let the other misfortunates that didn't recognize a good deal eat their hearts out.
:-)

scooter1
Unregistered guest
Frank,
The DVR records in HD. Just eats up more space on the hard drive. I think it was like 100+ hrs standard & 40 hrs HD. I can check for sure later.

scooter1
Unregistered guest
follow up:
The Scientific Atlanta model 8300HD records 110 hrs standard & 24 hrs of HD

SamsungGuy
Unregistered guest
Has anyone seen strange artificacts on the picture of the Samsung HP-P5031, specifically facial expressions when watching movies? The faces seem to jitter and movements have subtle delays. I tried changing a few settings, including to changing the picture to Panorama from 16:9 with marginal improvements.... Anyone else seeing anything like this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us