Pioneer Elite Pro 1120HD quality and pricing

Username: Shepsan

Post Number: 2
I visited a local dealer with a friend who wanted to buy a 50" plasma HD. He told the salesman that he was going to use the tax return check he expected arrive next week and simply wanted to look at what was available..

The salesman told us that the Pioneer Elite Pro 1120HD was the finest unit on the market having the "best" picture quality, the most features and the greatest number of connectors for other electronic components. The price, $8000 plus sales tax and delivery.

When I returned home I did a check on the internet and found the 1120HD pricing to start just over $5000, no sales tax but a delivery charge averaging at $280.

I recognize that the local dealer pays showroom space, utilities, salesmen, etc while the internet vendor has far less expenses; but a $3000 difference on the base price?

I also wonder if what the sales person told us was correct. Is the 1120Hd in fact the finest quality unit on the market?

Username: Jacobri1

Post Number: 1
Before you buy from the internet, make sure that the dealer is Pioneer authorized - otherwise, you're buying a $5,000 TV and relying on the internet dealer for any warranty/service.

I recently bought a Pioneer PDP5040HD - a slightly older and less "Elite" version of the 1120HD (apparently, the screen and most of the electronics are the same). I can't tell you how happy I am with it - fabulous picture, fine control. I bought it at Costco - $4,999 - and they're both a Pioneer authorized retailer (giving me the 1 year Pioneer warranty), and having that wonderful "unstated" Costco warranty - bring something back whenever you want with a sales slip, get another or your money back. I learned the use of this when I got back with my first 5040, had a scratched screen, brought it back and got another without them even looking at the darned thing.

I also think that Costco online has the commercial version of the 5040 for $4,499 - just no built-in tuner or speakers.

Good luck

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Richard,

Is your PDP-5040HD newly manufacture? i heard this is late 2003 model old stock Pioneer didn't/couldn't sold.

I want to get a 50" Pioneer with a media receiver, but for the same price {minus taxes} i could get the 2005 version of it, PDP5050HD that DTV City sells, the only bad thing with DTV City is that i won't have that great Costco return policy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us