96 RCA ProScan Problems

Username: Illuzion

Post Number: 1
Recently acquired an RCA ProScan projection TV, I was told something was amiss with it, and I now see that to be true. It's a a model #P552650, 52 inch RCA ProScan projection TV. I attempted to plug it in, and power it up, but to my dismay, there is no action. I can hear a small clicking noise whilst trying to turn it on, and even the power light on one of the perfboards lights up. But nothing so much as sound nor video. I was told by an assosciate that it might be the power supply, but I'd like to be absolutely sure. Perhaps somebody could guide me as to how to find out what exactly is wrong with it, and perhaps how to fix it? It'd be much appreciated.

P.S: I've already dissambled the innards, and checked fuses, etc. That was my first guess, as I am rather proficient with computer hardware repair, and I know the most common problem with PC power supplies is simply a fuse. I was hoping to get lucky, alas, I didn't.

Unregistered guest
from what i hear it is the HV Splitter which was replaced in mine 5 years ago and now Im getting the same problem again. Price on a new one is around 40-80 dollars and replacing is very dangerous. Voltage on that splitter coming off the flybacktransformer is 33K volts, 10K a piece for each tube. Email me if anyone knows anymore on what to do, how to test, or better yet a detailed how to replace.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us