New Panasonic PT-50DL54 DLP problems

Anonymous

After waiting three weeks for this DLP to arrive my first 24 hours with it has not been at all what I had expected.Hopefully, someone will have some advice on my two problems. Picture quality and fan noise.

I do not as yet have my new HD Dish receiver so my first view was watching SD with my 721 Dish receiver. Picture wise about what I had expected especially considering using an S Video connection.Tried a number of picture settings from reviews and forums on this model. The one thing I have not been able to resolve is a very strong green tint to the picture. Something I never saw in the store.

Putting in a DVD in my Panasonic DMR-E100H recorder using a component connection the green tint turned into a totally green picture. Changing to an S Video connection back to a colored picture with the green tint.

What is even more bothersome is the fan noise. Even with my surround sound system cranked up the fan noise is evident.Not the fan noise I am use to with my laptop which is a consistent sound but more of a variable pitch sound. Using a sound meter I am getting 82db near the fans. Taking a reading in front of the center speaker the reading is 62db for the source audio. Thus the fan noise is overpowering. In the store ,I hardly heard the fans even with my ear right up against the back of the set so this is a very unpleasent surprise. In turning off the audio the fans can be heard in the next room.

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
The noise you are hearing is the color wheel spinning not a fan. You should exchange the set ASAP. If the greens really bother you avoid DLP until the three DLP chips sets become affordable in 5 years or so.

TV Psychic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us