Advise between pt-ae700, vpl-hs51 or pj-tx100

Rod K
Unregistered guest
hi all, just looking for advise as to which projector would be recommended? I am currently in the market to buy and could use as much info as possible.Panny, Sony, Hitachi....decisions decisions

Anonymous

The AE700u hi def 720p LCD FRONT PROJECTOR is clearly the breakout winner of the last 6 months, best in terms of value/cost, best lens, and overall flexibility. Its probably the first true HD front projector which out of the box w/o professional install necessary, easily shelf mountable - can basically recreate the in-commercial theater experience -which for years has been the desired benchmark for a lower priced front projector

Some have stayed away from front projectors for several reasons, now effectively not relevant

1. the hear about professional install costs which can run into the 1000's

2. they believe that screens cost huge amounts, whne in fact excellent professional screens can be purchased now for less than 200 dollars, such as Elite sceens made in Taiwan

Prices have just hit net 1850 dollars (after rebate) on some some sites for the AE700u - which is amazing. I believe Panasonic believes they can bring this into the mass market at high volumes

The Hitachi is getting positive reviews, but its probably 1000 dollars more, with the Sony said to work ok too. Lots of good LCD's out there now

Even among audio/video people, my guess is that 95% have no idea of the actual technology/price breakthroughs achieved in front projectors in that last 6 months to a year. The big box stores and most of the specialty stores tend not to push these units, which in fact are ideal for mail order. This is understandable because once you see a 92 inch plus HD picture, everything else starts looking small

Rod K
Unregistered guest
I was leaning towards the panny, but I am open to unbiased opinions. I am in Canada and the prices here aren't as good. no rebate available. The panny and hitachi are both 3000 cdn.

Anonymous

http://www.projectorcentral.com/high_contrast_LCD_projectors.htm

pretty interesting article if you haven't seen it yet

Rod K
Unregistered guest
I read the article earlier, but I was just looking for user opinions. Some of those articles can be biased. Is there anyone out there that has any info on the other projectors?

Rod K
Unregistered guest
Is there anyone else out there that has any experience with any of these projectors. I can't believe out of everyone out there that I have only heard from 1 person on this subject.

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 27
I own the Sony VPL-HS51. Good projector. Very good. 720p native. Deep, deep blacks and solid picture with excellent contrast ratio and 1200 lumens! Cheap too, around $3k.

Noise is also very low. That's a big key with projectors. You can't hear the thing unless there's no noise coming out of your speakers or someone isn't talking. I believe the dB's are around whisper-level
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us