Split an audio cable from dvd player to tv and receiver?

Anonymous

I would like to connect my DVD player to my TV and my audio receiver using a split audio cable (red and white). Is this possible, and does such a cable exist? Radio Shack apparantly does not have one.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 221
Help me to understand exactly how you wish to connect. When you reference red and white, that sounds like you want to run analog audio to both tv and receiver. If that is what you want to do, you need an audio switcher/selector with one in and two out unless your DVD player has multiple analog outputs (many have at least two). Radio Shack should have such a device. A company named Russound also makes them but probably at considerable more expense-they are high end swithcers but do an excellent job. Of course, if your DVD player has digital out and your receiver has digital in, you could make that connection and run the analog (red and white) cable to your tv. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

Thanks, that solved my issue. I even had the switcher and cables laying around...

Silver Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 130
Why not dig to reciever and audio L&R to TV?

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
Because the poster did not state that his receiver has digital in capability. I try to respond based on the facts given, rather than assume things that are not stated. Apparently, at least in this case, the advice worked judging by the subsequent post.

Silver Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 131
Well,well,well,let me just get out of your way. You must be the coolest of them all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
I certainly wouldn't go that far. I just try to respond and give the people what they ask for. I don't think that makes me cool, just interested and concerned. But thanks for the compliment.

Silver Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 132
Well you kinda layed a pile of crap on me for my suggestion..

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 354
Tss, Tss... What's important is that newbie question was answered. As always, 2 guys answering is better than 1. You provided different solutions and I'm sure there are lots of people connecting without posting learning from both of you.

Cheers
AL

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
DS, you considered that a pile of crap? I directly answered your inquiry. You must be paranoid or hypersensitive. Oh by the way, if you had carefully read my original post, you would have realized that your question was superfluous, having already been addressed in the next to last line of my inital response.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Arnold, I beg to differ with your premise: "two guys answering is better than 1". I find that to be the case only when the "two guys" know what they are talking about. I fail to see how advice from two uninformed guys is "better". However, I appreciate your conciliatory efforts although personally, I did not see the need for them. If a poster is offended after receiving a direct answer to his/her inquiry, then he or she should probably not ask any questions.

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 356
Dale, IMO a post leading to discussion on the subject is always better. Not only answers are important, questions also count. But in this case the discussion went into unwanted critics on person. Not your fault at all, I find your posts here quite adequate and objective.

Cheers
AL

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
Thank you AL. I thought so as well. That's why I couldn't understand why DS went off the deep end. Well no matter. Thanks for the reassurance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us