New Sony KD-30XS955 Crapped out

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 14
Had the TV for just over 4 weeks and th overlays stopped working, so you can't see volume controll channel you are on channel info, program the stations, see what video setting you are on Video 1 2 etc, and you can't tell if the TV is on or off at any time unless there is something to display.

Called sony and they can't get anyone out here to fix it anytime soon probably not before the warranty runs out, so I used one of their inhome service shops in town and they did not know how to fix it. They missed the apointment the first time, but eventualy showed up just to leave. They were supposed to show up again and they never did. I am getting VERY angry and need some advice. Sony said I could ship it to them but it will cost me about $400 + to ship. It's been like this for a month + I pay for X-box live and don't play do to this issue.

I have left the TV on for 48+ hours a few times becuase there was no way to tell it was on!...

I feel for $2000 sony owes me a new TV, 4 weeks of light use just does not cut it! I'm about to haul it down to their office and toss it through their f****** window (I can't drive it there I have to mail it because of their policy!)

Please helP!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
opps I ment to post this in the other TV forums If a Mod could move this to TV basics so kindly I would appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 206
No matter what needs to be done, under no circumstances should you allow this matter to go unaddressed until your warranty expires. Stop what you're doing and write a letter to Sony describing your problem and demanding prompt attention. Send the letter certified so that someone at Sony will have to sign for it. Keep a copy of the letter and retain the postal receipt and notice (green card). This will not fix your tv but it will help preserve your rights should an issue arise. Sony will not be able to claim that they did not know about the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 425
My suggestion is to call a different Sony authorized in-home repair service. There are likely to be several in your area, and you were unlucky and called one that is unreliable. Keep in mind tha most of these are small-business independent contractors and some are reliable, while others arent.

Call a different one, and they'll likely be 'johnny on the spot', and get you fixed up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Even if you accept Paul's advice, and I heartily agree with it, get that letter in the mail.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Ok well here is an update.

The repair guys have been to my house 3 times and the TV still does not work. They replaced a suspected board today and it still has the same issue. IMO this is bad because the old board was known to be good already and now I have a new board and who knows if this thing will break right outside warranty. I am going to write a lette to sony explaining how SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF I am.

I purchased the TV online Jan 19th and it shipped on the 24th. I did not recieve it untill Febuary I think on the 4th but I don't have the slip in front of me.

It worked for about 3 weeks with intermitten use. I think it got the most use durring the superbowl...

Supposedly the company is coming back tomarrow or friday to replace the other suspect board (they were not sure which one it was so they went for the cheaper one (I can tell by the components on the board, the other looks like an expensive video card for a computer..)

I don't think I will be purchasing anything from sony in the future if it can be avoided. Not even a new playstation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Update, I called the company today and they told me the part is on Backorder and they don't know when they will get it in stock.

This is not acceptable.

I tried writing sony a letter through their support site but when I submit it it says there is an error on their website and the request did not go through I wrote the letter again and same result.

it seems their website is as crappy as their television. I tried their telephone tech support and I have to go through all these stupid responses with some automated operator who cannot understand what the hell I am saying eating up my peak cellphone minutes.

Anyone know where I can get a physical complaint address for Sony Television?

If I do not figure something out VERY soon I will dispute the payment on my credit card and see if that gets anyones attention!

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
Look in your owner's manual.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
WTH look in my owners manual? lol

Whats that going to do make the menu colors come back magicaly? It's not a setting on the TV, it went out all of a sudden when I was turning up the volume. I have read everything in the ownders manual regaurding the menu. Hell even if there was a way to reset it using the menu I could not do it because I CANT SEE THE MENU, or any other overlay, volume controll, channel I am on, video1 - video 7 etc!

Ok the guy came back today for the 4th time and replaced another board.

Still has the same damn problem.

I was just calling sony again when he showed up to repair it...I'm going to give them a phone call tomarrow and dispute payment on my credit card. This will likely go to small claims court if needed. I want 100% refund and I will never buy a sony again. I cannnot understand why they are giving me so much hassle. it has to cost them much more to replace boards and have a tech come out to my house 4 times now than it would have been to replace the TV!

In fact now the TV is much worse. All the stations are shifted to the right! not even close to centered. so instead of being able to see full screen now the left hand side has a blank space.

Worked for 3 weeks and has been broken for 6!

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You asked "Anyone know where I can get a physical complaint address for Sony Television? "

Dale responded "Look in your owner's manual."

What is so difficult to figure out about that? I suspect you are being blinded by your intoxication. :-)

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
Thanks again X. What is wrong with these people?

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You are welcome Dale, I don't really know, your answer seemed quite straightforward to me.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
It made sense to me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
I guess that was the problem. Take care guys.

oakwitchy
Unregistered guest
The manuals don't have any contact addresses in them at all, none whatsoever! Fat lot of help they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 753
Lucky for you Oak that you're connected to the internet. Why dont you google up the contact info you seek rather than ask others to the very same thing that you can very well do for youself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us