Hitachi 50VX500

Unregistered guest
Have the set in the house five days, just got my digital cable hooked up yesterday and the lamp burnt out last night. Anyone else with lamp failure this soon.

Username: John_s

Post Number: 4
johnd:
Judging from the lack of response to your query, the answer seems to be no, but that doesn't mean we 50V(X)500 owners don't feel your pain. Let us know how this turns out.

Anonymous

I just returned my 50V500 to Sears due to a light green 2" oval spot discovered on my screen. Anyone else have this problem? Also, would you recommend purchasing their extended warranty on this unit?

By the way, I got my tv at sears for under 2600 incl tax with their pricematch + 10% discount off the total. Now, Sears also has a couple rebates, one for a free stand!

Username: Ekalbs4

Post Number: 2
I purchased a 50V500 from CC on 2/16/04. Tonight I noticed a 2" light pink/purple spot on my screen. Does not show up in black background but is very evident otherwise. I'll be taking advantage of CC's 30 day guarantee and exchanging for another.

Username: Valdemar

Anonymous,
where did you get a better price to get the price match at Sears?
I just paid 3,600 for my 50v500a.

Thanx

johnd
Unregistered guest
The tech came out last week and found that it's a circuit board that failed. I purchased it from 6th ave electronics, who said they will exchange it as soon as they have more stock. Hoping to have this resolved late this week. I vented to Hitachi customer service and really got a very poor response. You would think that they would go out of there way to please an unhappy client. The picture was oustanding before the failure. So right now I have a 114lb paper weight gathering dust in my family room.

Username: Valdemar

Post Number: 3
Anybody,
Where can I get a better deal on the 50v500a set than 3,600 everything except an extended warranty included.
Thanx

Al F
Unregistered guest
I just looked at the Hitachi 50VX500 at 6th Ave Electronics and it looks great. I'm real close to pulling the trigger. Anyone out there own one, how long, how do you like it? johnd, keep us posted on the response you get.

How about 6th Ave on responding to problems?

Thanks, Al

Alan 23
Unregistered guest
I bought a Hitachi 50vx500 from 6th Ave electronics about 4 weeks ago. No problems so far. The picture is the best I've seen compared to all the other LCD projection TVs or DLPs. I think the darker screen you get with the "vx" version instead of the "v" improves the contrast ratio and produces a better picture overall. Paid $3200 after considerable negotiating.

KL
Unregistered guest
Could someone tell me the difference between 50v500 and 50vx500?

Thanks,

The local store is selling 50v500 and I have only heard of this 50vx500 recently. I am also considering Sony WE610. Any info on pros and cons of 50v500/50vx500 over this sony will be helpful as well.

Thanks,
KL

Username: Zerro_grav

KL,

The 50vx500 or Director Edition is a step up. Main difference is the screen. It has a better screen that produces better contrast improving blacks and possible cutting down on glare. It is titanium color and not silver like the v500. It also comes with an additional remote that is smaller / simpler. Internal components are the same. This is what Hitachi told me.

1 800-Hitachi

Username: Zerro_grav

Post Number: 3
Anyone know why it takes so long to get the 60v500 delivered?
I have been waiting over 5 weeks now and am wondering if this is karma telling me to let it go. I could understand the whole supply and demand thing if all the stores had a list of back orders they were trying to fill. From the three stores I had visited, there was not one case like this.

What say we test out a theory. If you currently have a 60v500 on order, kindly cancel your order temporarily. This will only work if everyone joins in. This should relieve the immediate demand on the set and enable mine to be fulfilled in the next day or two. I will post as soon as I get my set. What say you all? :-)

BBthedead
Unregistered guest
From what I heard from a real reliable friend in the high end video/audio business is that Hitachi will have a new line of lcd/projections out by July's end. The prices for the 50v500 or vx model will come down then. dont' know the specifics of the new models. i do know that there will be a couple of black casing choices as opposed to the silver/titanium ones. Better clarity as well.

Username: Shacker

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 4
Anybody getting red line double imageing or ghosting. On humans, I see red lines that outline, sit adjacent to the face. On a basketball court, I'll see a red line that runs adjacent to the half court line, or the 3 point line. On black print, I'll see red line ghosting. Letters will be in red adjacent to the black letters. It's not ghosting in a traditional sense where a whole image is offset. It's just a red line that runs along side an image. Anyone else have this problem?

Username: Ejrz01

Post Number: 1
I went and looked at the 50VX500 today and thought the picture quality was excellent. It has very good black level performance (unlike many of the LCD's I have seen). The price was $3499. I have not seen a 50V500 yet. Has anyone compared these two models in person and if so is there a substantial picture quality difference (worth an extra $1000)? I am also concerned with the fan noise problem, does anyone know if this is an issue on the VX model as well?

doug
Unregistered guest
I got the 50VX500 at 6th Ave Electronics for $3450 after some price haggling. Fan noise is barely audible (personally I haven't noticed it so I will have to really listen for it tonight). I alway buy anything over $500 with the extened warranty. But being just a starter at HDTV can anybody answer this for me. What exactly is a line doubler and would it be of any benefit to me with the 50VX500? I run a DVD, VCR, Sony Tivo and Direct TV receiver (switching to Digital Cable soon due to bad satellite reception during rain, snow, high wind, etc..). If I can use a line doubler can I feed all the components into it? Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

loq
Unregistered guest
I've had a 50v500 since November 2003, and have generally been pleased with it. Of course Dish Network locals (standard resolution) often look poor, but that's to be expected on an HDTV. Stretch modes, however, are decent. Due to shadowy smudge-like streaks on the left and right side of the TV (noticable over bright scenery), I exchanged my first one in December 03 for another, only to see the same problem show up. Apparently, the tube requires about a 30-45 minute "warmup" before the smudges vanish. I also noticed 2" discolored circles on both TVs, but they're not obvious unless I remember to look, and my current tv only has one in the lower right. My wife has hardly noticed any of these problems and loves watching DVDs--which look amazing. I never hear the fan, except when I turn the tv off. Has anyone connected a PC to the DVI connector?

Username: Mas

Post Number: 1
I just picked up a 50v500 about 4 days ago and I am thus far quite impressed. (Many of the posts in this forum helped me make this decision :-) The TV is just beautimous and I think my friend is out to get himself one as well. I went to Video Only and paid ~$2800 for the set, stand, 5yr warranty and sales tax (8.69% or something like that). Quite a deal considering the best local deal for the TV alone was $2799 after rebate!

i havent noticed any "crop circiles" (color smudges) or other issues as reported. So far the thing just makes me smile when i walk into the living room. I have a Media Center 2005 machine hooked up to it through DVI and its awesome. I did need to create a new monitor profile (using powerstrip) to get it to run at 1280x720p but that was easy and well worth the results.
XBOX HD (composite) is another incredible site. Rally Sport2 at 480p and SoulCalibur 2 at 720p were, again, stunning.
I hear a good DVI cable is important, but I'm just using one I stole off my wife's computer. That won't last long so I'm looking into a good replacement. $99 at Best Buy is f*ing rediculous IMHO. :-) I did notice some light (not noticeble) moving specs in the start bar using the DVI cable - so there may be some truth to the need for a quality cable. I'll report back once I have settled.

- One happy customer (so far)

/Mas

trillion0101
Unregistered guest
Has anyone had any problems with the lamp not turning on? It's happened twice on me, both times I heard a quite buzzing noise comming from the lamp area. After leaveing it off for a bit it came back on.

Anonymous

I have had the set for about 6 months and so far a couple issues. First one was that the green was shadowing over images. Circuit City came out and went into a diagnostic mode and aligned it. It took them no more than 20 minutes. About 3 weeks later I now have a issue with when I turn the set on I get split screen PIP type image, but its not PIP. I will be calling them again to have them come out..I recommend buying from Circuit city and getting the Circuit city guarantee..I love the set and would buy it again. I also love the Circuit City warranty. I recommend the set for the money. I got the set for 2999 and a 300 circuit city card back...so 2699 and then used the card to get the stand for 199.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us