Phone line ?

Anonymous

What is the bottom line on the phone line question for Direct Tv. Do they require you to have one connected ? I have herd yes and no, and read that they can charge you for each receiver if the phone line is not connected. What quidelines do the installers follow, will they hook you up without a phone line ?? Has anyone tried to get new service recently.and had this as an issue ?

Thanks for any input

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 172
LK advises elswhere that phone connection is not necessary unless you wish to order PPV via remote control. I have watched the Directv info channel and they seem to suggest, without actually saying, the same thing. I recently added a HDTV receiver and had the installer move the original receiver to another room. He never suggested the need for phone connection and I let it sit for weeks without it. Programming was not affected in any way. Based on that limited experience, I think LK might be right.

Anonymous

AS an installer for DirecTV you do not need a telephone line connected to your standard receiver. It is strictly for PPV. TIVO receivers on the other hand do need a phone line but not constantly. It will ask you to make a call about once a month. Hope this helps.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us