KDF-60XS955 60"-OUTSTANDING!

TONY S
Unregistered guest
sent mits dlp back,after deciding pic quality was not there,and got the KDF-60XS955 60" instead.
in the showroom,the KDF-60XS955 60" looked crisper and brighter,but salesdude pushed the mits dlp.after one week it is now sent back,and the sony looks like a keeper.
pic quality is much better,and see no sde or other problems people are talking about.
better quality all around.
in std deff-pic is much better than mits,and in hd looks like imax.
will look at dlp on next set purchase.
i believe dlp needs refining,but for now sony KDF-60XS955 60" is here to stay.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
How much did the kdf cost? I was thinking about buying the exact same model but the sales person kept doing the same thing to me. He thought I should buy one of his many mitsubishi models instead of the sony.

tony s
Unregistered guest
ogbuehi-tv cost me 3414,plus 159 for techcraft stand,5 yr ext. warr. which includes 2 bulb changes,-299.
all in all ,much better for me than my mits i originally got-
just a stunning picture and less glare problems than the mits-62525

tony s
Unregistered guest
ogbuehi-tv cost me 3414,plus 159 for techcraft stand,5 yr ext. warr. which includes 2 bulb changes,-299.
all in all ,much better for me than my mits i originally got-
just a stunning picture and less glare problems than the mits-62525

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Did you buy it online or at a store? All the stores around here sell the tv for no less than $4100. Looked online at some stores and saw it for $2800.

tony s
Unregistered guest
bought locally,in se wisconsin.
got contractor price,and they delivered.
bought at flanner and hafsoss-brookfield ,wi.
best buy was 4000 and those idiots do not know anything on there products.

thewifesonboard
Unregistered guest
Just purchased mine today for $3200. CC has the tech craft PTV583 stand on websale for $239 which i think is a very good price.

Alright, now on my way to some great home theater viewing and the wife is on the band wagon to get a great set up!! god, this is better than sex right now...lool

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Hey thewifesonboard,
Where did you get your tv?

thewifesonboard
Unregistered guest
I purchased it online through shopsunshine in NY. No problems what so ever and god, this is a great tv as I've spent the last several days just watching it. I'm going to get the DVD for calibration and do it myself. Today, I'm getting the rest of speaker system delivered (orb audio) and tonight it's kickin the wife out of the house and going to enjoy playing with my new toy even more.

Just so everyone knows my set-up is..

Tech Craft PTV583 Stand
Denon 2805
Denon 2910
Orb Audio Mod 2 speakers 6.1 SS with 8" sub
Panamax 5100 power
AR cables and man, do I mean cables
X-box
PS2

Here's the one issue; Remotes, now I'm looking for a totally universal. Suggestions?

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
"Here's the one issue; Remotes, now I'm looking for a totally universal. Suggestions?"

I use my psychic powers to change channels, your mileage may vary.

TV Psychic

Username: Jefferator

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 2
I highly recommend the Logitech Harmony series. It is the easiest to program because you do it via the internet and a USB connection. Just enter your component info. and download the programming. They even have a model (688) that is specifically for TiVo/DVR users.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
How did the tv speakers sound? It'll be a minute before I save enough money for a 7.1 surround system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us