Suggestions - Thinking about buying a Samsung DLP

Username: General_tso

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. Great information on this site. I'm interested in buying a 46 inch DLP TV. I've done some research and I've narrowed the brand down to Samsung. The set I particularly like is the 4667. Don't like the 4663 because it's obviously older. Not sure about the 4674 just because it hasn't been around very long. Can anyone please give me some suggestions. This will be my first HD TV and I want to do my homework before buying. thanks

Xbox Junkie
Unregistered guest
I would suggest doing a lot of research before you buy it. I just bought the 4663 and I am very happy with my purchase. But I knew beforehand that this would just be for a year or so, then I would get one of the newer/better ones.

If price is an issue, then going with the older technology will always be better. However, if you want the best TV, there will always be a better one in 3 months lol. On that note, Ive decided Im not going to read anymore threads about the DLPs lol.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Nice post, Xbox! LOL
If you buy a new multi-thousand dollar set every year or so, I want to be your adopted child!

Jason,

If money isn't a big concern, the 4674 has a thinner frame or bezel and a better contrast chip. (HD2+ Mustang) It has no known production issues. Samsung is replacing it with the 77 series soon, which has an internal HD tuner and CableCard technology, but it's the same chip and display. Personally, I don't care for internal tuners or CableCard. Both can be bypassed, though.

The 5067 is currently the only Samsung that has no audio/video game delay. All the others have a slight to moderate delay with PS2 or Xbox gaming. Some folks have had success with using progressive scan mode and component cables when gaming on the Samsung models. The game has to support PS, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us