KF42WE620 vs KF42WE655

Username: Tvguy

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
A quick question: is there any difference between KF42WE620 and KF42WE655?
I thought KF42WE655 is an improvement from KF42WE620, but functionality and design is the same.

Any one can calrify it?

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
The 655 has the HD built-in tuner, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 620 is an older model and does not have the built-in HD tuner.

Username: Tvguy

Post Number: 2
I think you are right.
Does the KF42WE620 have the same bulb problem as KF42WE610? I heard that in KF42We610, the lamp bulb blows up in the first few weeks. That sounds really horrible.
Also, how's its SD picture quality?

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
I know for a fact that the bulbs are the same in the KF-42WE610 and the KDF-42WE655, they both use the XL2100U which is a 100 watt bulb. I'm sure that the 620 also uses the same bulb.

The problem that you mentioned with the bulbs blowing was mostly on the earlier models and wasn't due to the bulb itself, but the ballast circuit that powers the bulb. That's the big reason I would try to stay with a newer model.

When you first turn these tv's on, you will notice that it takes about 45 seconds for the lamp to reach full brightness. This was designed intentionally to reduce the current flow on initial startup through the lamp. This increases the life of the lamp.

I have a 55" and the picture quality with analog channels is not the greatest, but ok. I watch strictly HD and digital channels with the built-in tuner and really enjoy it. I have an antenna in my attic, and the reception is strong. I plan on getting DirecTV soon.

With a 42", I honestly think that anything will look good on it, but once you start watching HD, you won't want to watch anything else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us