Do i need a cable box?

Unregistered guest
i just inherited a 10 year old zenith console tv. it has a place for cable and a/v etc. i am only able to see cable channels up through channel 13. does anyone know if i need a cable box or something to get the rest of the channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 82
first you should proably get into the menu screen, and go to setup and have it find channels

The person before you may have only goten those channels and the tv hasnt found the rest of them till you do that. assuming you subcribed to them thru your cable company.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 224
If it is only 10 years old, it should probably be capable of pulling in the higher channels. But with an older Zenith, I really can't be sure. Does it have an electronic tuner or one of those old mechanical, rotary jobs?

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 53
If it has a CATV selector switch on the back of the TV near the antenna, make sure it's in the CATV mode. If there is not one back there, check if there is one inside the front panel. If there is not one there, go to the menu and look for channel setup and make sure it is not set to broadcast, select Cable before doing a channel scan. Since you didn't include a model number I'm giving you the three known options on how to correct this issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us