Sony KDF-50WE655 Results

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 20
I now have the KDF-50WE655 for about 5 days and got HD TV yesterday. The TV is great. I thought DVDs were terrific on it but when the cable installer turned on the HD, it blew me away. Movies are clearer than at the cinema; video is nearly three dimensional. I am very, very pleased. I am having a few cable TV snafus: Some HD channels are "tileing" or breaking up and a few aren't available. The cable compnay is sending a tech on Saturday April 2nd (I need a Saturday because I can't take off from work) to fine tune for me. The signal has to be boosted (the cable in the apartment building is old). What channels I can see in HD (about 6-8) it is incredible.
I am still trying to get TV audio to play through my Home Theater to no avail so far. Now that I have a HD converter box (I bypassed the cable card option after reading about all the trouble with cable cards), it is a bit more complicated. I have the DVD player that came with my Home Theater running coaxial cable to my receiver and I have a second DVD player running optical cable to the receiver. The KDF manual says to run analog audio cable out on the back of the TV to an appropriate input on my receiver and that I must turn off the sound on the TV. Hmmm, still a mystery...maybe running an optical cable from my HD box to the receiver (and unplugging the optical cable from DVD player #2? I can live without 6.1 on the secondary DVD player. I have to figure this out.
In the meantime, I am totally enjoying myself!!!

Bronze Member

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 21
I did get the TV audio to work through the home theater receiver (selected analog input)but since it's two channel sound and the Grand Wega sounds so good, I am inclined to not bother. I'll save the home theater for DVDs until I can figure out how to run coax or optical cable to my receiver from the converter box.

Bronze Member

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 22
Figured out how to convert 2 channel sound to play through my HT. I selected analog input and then "neo 6 cin" on the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us