Samsung TV problems (I guess)

Unregistered guest
Hi, I am have problems with my Samsung TX-P2745P EDTV. When there is black on the screen, half of the screen (where the black is) is tinted a greenish black instead of black, and sometimes the whole screen is tinted a greenish black when the whole screen is supposed to be black. I've tried deguassing it, but that doesn't work. Has anybody else had this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 134
I'm sorry I can't directly answer your question. You might take that unit back and get something from another manufacturer. I have friends who work in the electronics retail business and I have reviewed much internet traffic. Both sources indicate Samsung products are not reliable.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 705
Do you have anything magnetic near the TV? That can cause a green screen.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 134
Hrm...

Well, all I can tell you is, I've seen a lot of posts lately regarding 'green' Sammys.

So, through the magic of the Internet, I'll simply furnish you with this: :-)

[ Click here for Google search of this site for 'green' and 'Samsung' ]

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 135
Aha...

I just gleamed a useful tidbit of info from the search provided above - if it's true...

"So for now, if someone wants a great HDTV, DLP is the way to go so long as you buy a later year delivery DLP HD3 or HD2+. The reason being is they won't start shipping 7-segment wheels until mid to later part of year. the extra segment is a green segment meant to improve rendering in dark areas."

While this doesn't directly apply to your TV, it might explain why all these Sammy users are seeing 'green.'

Samsung might be adding 'green' to ALL their TV's to improve rendering in dark areas, yes? No?

I think, yes!

Sammy customers seem to be drawn to the 'blacker-than-black' rendition of Samsung TV sets. They often brag about it in these forums, and elsewhere.

Personally, watching Samsung TV's drives me crazy. I consider them all defective, e.g. they all suffer from 'black crush', but... Hey! Whatever floats your boat!

Just an educated guess, but maybe they're adding this 'greenish tint' to dark areas, across their whole product line, in order to provide some symbolence of definition.

arj
Unregistered guest
My 1 and a half year old expensive SAMSUNG just went dead without any rhyme or reason and the samsung guys simply said we can not help.
I am shocked!

Username: Shellcanada

Post Number: 1
I have a question about the v-chip in the samsung 42 ' hdtv tv. I have set my settings ,as follows
tv14+ blocked with all sub ratings blocked ,the language,sex,n,violence etc.Now the problem is it only turns off the tv 14+ rating shows when I turn the lower pg-13 rating on block? But then it also blocks pg 13 shows.I tried to just block the violence etc.in the tv14+ and and block the violence in etc in the p13 section and leave the main block button unblocked but then everything seems to become unblocked.So I htought I owuld just delet those channels.BUt the kids are wise just switching channels the channel for eg chan 16 is gone but if they put in channel 16 by using the numbers on remote the channel is there and they can watch it. can one delte channels or blcok them permently?Can one set the v-chip controls to block tv14+ shows without blocking pg-13 shows.I wish they had it like the digital boxes where you can block just cetain titles of shows

Unregistered guest
When I switch my samsung tv on it turs off by itself in a few seconds. I turn it on again and it takes some more time to remain on this time however it goes off again. As I continue it takes more and more time to go off. Finally it wont go off for a long time. Howevr I face with the same problem when I turn it on the day after. What is the likely problem with that please. regards

pbg
Unregistered guest
Have a Samsung TXE2545...blank screen but when turned on by remote it goes on and off..on and off..
do i throw this TV or is there a way to fix it?

Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 1
Yes! I finally fixed my TV! For some reason when the contrast and brightness are on low the green spot appears, so i've configured it to a 90 contrast and 85 brightness setting. I don't know it does this. It might be that they want you're TV to wearout faster with the higher light settings so you'll buy another TV or something *snicker*. But thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Username: Arlen95

Post Number: 2
Does anyone know if there's a fix in the service menu to adjust screen geometry? I have the 46" dlp and banners such as the program information on the top of the screen from Directv are tilted somewhat. Also I've heard that loosening the screen mounts so the screen floats will help with pincushioning. How do you remove the screen?
Thanks, RT

CoryWS
Unregistered guest
I have been getting five columns of small white dots scrolling down the screen. I have the 42"DLP. Anybody know whats going on here?

mooky
Unregistered guest
Does any one have the Parts list for Samsung Model# TXE2545 becasue i need values for zenerdiodes 303 and 305

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 11
This might help:

http://www.diybanter.com/q-t_39973-Samsung-tv-chassisKCT52A.html

Username: Arlen95

Post Number: 3
Does anyone know if there's a fix in the service menu to adjust screen tilt? I have the 46" Samsung dlp and banners such as the program information on the top of the screen from Directv are tilted somewhat. Also I've heard that loosening the screen mounts so the screen floats will help with pincushioning. How do you remove the screen?
Thanks, RT

Unregistered guest
My Samsung TV also turns itself off, then back on, this will happen about 6 times, then it'll turn off for good onto stand by. Other times, the colour will turn black and white.

Can anyone help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us