DVD player with a good audio?

Matt70
Unregistered guest
I already have a Marantz SR-5500. Now, i want to buy a new dvd player that can produced a good audio especially in cd. My budget is around 200.00. Tq.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 102
If you will be using the coax or optical output, the quality of audio will depend more on your receiver than on the DVD player. If you will be using the analog output, you're going to have to do some research. I think most if not all DVD players claim to cover the full range of human hearing, but some clearly have better digital to analog converters. Denon products are generally known to have excellent DACs. You might look for a product with Burr-Brown output stages. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 62
The Marantz DV4500 is a very good DVD player but it is a bit over your budget at 299.00. I have tried lesser DVD players and found them lacking. But if you must go less expensive than that I would look at Toshiba. Toshiba has DVD playes for under 100.00 that outperform many more expensive units.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 704
Toshiba also has very cheap spindle motors and power supply problems, stay away from them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us