No Sound from Sanyo DVD Recorder

Username: Snotra

Post Number: 1
Ive got HDTV, home theatre amp, Charter Digital Cable Box, and new Sanyo DVD recorder.

Everything works great with pre-recorded DVDs.

When I attempt to record from the TV onto DVD recorder I get no sound but perfect picture.
I've got coaxial audio from DVD recorder to the amp and digital optical audio from the amp into the cable box .
What am I doing wrong?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You have no audio input going into your recorder from the cable box.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 2
I added the composite plugs from the cable box to the input of the recorder, no change. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Not composite video cables, RCA audio cables, although physically they are nearly identical. Stll according to your initially posted setup you have no audio being sent to your recorder so it can not possibly record any audio. Is there something you are neglecting to mention?

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
Roger on the RCA cables.
Here's my setup..
Coaxial antenna into cable box and then from cable box into DVD recorder.
Component out of cable box into input #5 of the HDTV and component out of DVD recorder into input #6 of the HDTV.
RCA out of cable box into AV audio input #1 of the recorder(it's the only audio input on the DVD recorder, is this the problem?)
Coaxial audio out of DVD recorder into receiver.
Optical audio between receiver and cable box.
The only inputs into the TV are the component from cable box into input #5 and the component from DVD into input #6 . No coaxial antenna input into the TV, I tried this and it didnt seem to make a difference.
Note I can get the desired sound from DVD recorder if I connect coxial antenna into DVD recorder first, but I dont get the all the cable channnels.
Thanks for your patience and help!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Either of three possibilities are left.
1) The cable box will not output audio via the RCA output terminals at all.
2) You have the RCA audio cables connected to the audio input of your cable box instead of the audio out.
3) Your cable box is set to output a digital signal in it's internal menu and this deactivates the analog output via the RCA connections.

What brand of cable box (and model number) do you have?

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 4
Motorola DCT5100

Post Number: 5
You're thinking the optical from the the cable box to the receiver is overriding the RCA from the Cable box to the DVD?
Possibilities 1 and 2 have been checked and that's not it.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Motorola DCT5100

AHA! You need to go into the STB internal menu, select audio settings, change them to PCM.

This should fix the problem, please let me know.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 6
I double checked all the audio settings in both the reciever and DVD recorder.
Motorola tech tells me only one audio out will work and the optical overrides the RCA.
I think my only sopultion is buying a reciever with audio out to send sound to the DVD recorder.
You agree? Thanks for your help.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Ask your cable company for a DCT 6200, it has mulltiple digital outputs (actually I thought the 5100 did as well). Otherwise you will need a receiver with an additional audio output. Personally I've never seen one without multiple outputs.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us