Digital cable from analog source?

Anonymous

Has anyone been able to receive digital cable WITHOUT the use of a cable box, cable card, or subscribing to digital cable from comcast? I recently bought a Panasonic plasma tv with a built-in tuner, and for some reason, I can pick up comcast on-demand. my theory is that someone in my neighborhood orders a movie from the on-demand, and then somehow, it filters down to my tv set. however, when they pause, fwd, or rwd, I see the movie perform that function. the other draw back is that I cannot order the movies either. My theory is that the QAM permits for a one-way street, I can receive signals, but cannot send them out, much like how the cable card would work (this tv permits a cable card, but there is not one installed).

the only way for me to "tap-in" to the movie, is by entering a channel number like 87-75.

I subscribe to the basic analog service, and have the coaxial cable run from my tv to the wall.

does this ring a bell with anyone?

Peas
Unregistered guest
I suggest you call everyone in your neighborhood one at a time and tell them their house is on fire. If the movie you are watching is paused you know you have found the correct neighbor. You may then request they order movies on your schedule. You might even go so far as to each get a Nextel phone so you can direct the movie via them at the push of a button. Kind of like having the On Demand service at your fingertips, only NOT!

Peas

my2cents
Unregistered guest
it's time to move away from cableTV to satellite. with the latest and greatest technology, satellite produce much better and faster HD signals.

If you have the basic knowledge of technology like me, you can setup your satellite to get movie channels from DirectTV or cable for free, with at least 20 chanels of PPV.

The more of you people ordering cable tv, more digging they gonna do, and more damages to the neighborhood they visist to install those useless fiber lines.

So if you're able to get to this message board to read my message, that's your basic knowledge. Read and learn. That's how I got mine setup and not have to pay monthly subscription to watch those PPV movies.

other2cents
Unregistered guest
my2cents...i totally agree with you. It took me 2 days of reading of this message board and i was able to figure out to program my satellite box to function and got over a thousand of channels and over 40 PPV.

For the newbies, the basic start is to Google for FTA (free to air) satellite.

it's time to stop those damn cable company to knock down you gas, power, water lines and etc. putting in those rediculous fiber lines.

other2cents
Unregistered guest
also, i just got a panasonic 37HDtv screen, using FTA satellite with s-video cable output, the picture looks awsome. On the other hand, cable subscribed customers are dispointing how their HD looks like shiit with their HD screen when receiving analog signal. Very few channels are being broadcast in digital HD signal.
As for satellite, signal always digital.

Unregistered guest
i got this digital receiver dtc2224/1661 and i got a bunch of channels when all i have subscribed to is basic analog cable. can anybody tell me if i call and subscribe to some channels that i want will i loose the channels i get now? Is it normal to get the digital channels without subscription?

annoymous
Unregistered guest
I have a new Panasonic 42 inch plasma digital ready TV and get digital programming including PPV on a hit or miss basis. Even get XXX rated movies during the afternoon, not encrypted. Can enter digital numbers like 81-7, etc, or just 81, after the snowy raster appears, it searches the digital channels beginning with 81- and locks on one. This seems to work with channels 81-84. Some of the programs do fastforward, freeze and rewind. I thought digital PPV downloaded the programs to the set top receiver (maybe to RAM or a hard drive, then allowed the subscriber to view like a DVD player during a certian window. Evidently the program remains at the provider with the access to it given to the subscriber who ordered it during a certain window.

Many of the programs I can get run full course. Some are just full time on the air types in digital format, like Discovery, kids programs, etc. Hope the provider does not discover this and stop sending or encrypts all this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us