Toshiba HM94 questions: Looking for advice.

Username: Sloaniebaloney

Post Number: 4
I have done quite a bit of research and have (hopefully) narrowed down my DLP TV choice to the Toshiba HM94 (46'' because that's the only size that will fit in the space that I have). One of the reasons that I am tending towards this set is its inclusion on an HDTV Tuner.

I had a few questions I was hoping current owners could answer:

1) Can I use the tuner with DirectTV?

2) Can I hook this set up with Tivo? As it stands now my cable in goes into the DirectTV box then into my Tivo then into the TV set? If the TV is now my tuner, how would I hook up Tivo?

3) Is there any noticeable lag while playing video games, especially XBox games? For the future I plan on getting an Xbox 2?

4) How is the quality of the set in generally? Happy? Gripes?

5) Any comparable sets in the same price range with the inclusion of the tuner that I should consider?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

Ken

Peter T
Unregistered guest
I bought the 52HM94 last summer when they first came out. I am extremely pleased with it. I started out with a cable card but soon abandoned it for a digital box from my cable co. Time Warner. Cable company was not good at supporting the card and the difference in it and a box was minimal. The box can be hooked several ways into auxiliary equipment and directly through the HDMI interface. Video games are no problem with easy hook up points. I did a lot of research before buying and this is the best box on the market in my opinion. The video quality is GREAT! Hook it up to a good sound system for best effect. The best experience is from a good DVD system rather than over cable. Cable is good on HD channels but not as good on non-HD channels. All kinds of hook ups in the rear depending on your preference. I bought from OneCall.com who was recommended to me by another online seller. I was very pleased with their price and responsiveness. Call them and see if they are running any specials. Get the 52" rather than the 46" if there is any way possible since the price difference is small and the viewing is much more enjoyable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us