Sub question

Anonymous

Need some advice and how to info please :

Never had satellite before and want to order a 4 receiver deal with DTV, giving 2 receivers to a relative in my area. I only want to hook a phone line to 1 receiver , or none at all. I dont need PPV and do not have HD. How does the install process work ? Do they want to hook all receivers up to phone lines ? 3 of the rooms I would have them place boxes have phone jacks, will they install without plugging them in ? I was told that if you start out with all 4 hooked up, and unplug them , they will stop receiving after 30 days. What is the best way to go about this ?
Thanks from a newbie

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

LK
Unregistered guest
they will install any where..no phone lines are necessary for installation in each room...tell them U are installing phone lines yourself later(if they ask,which I doubt they will)...U will NOT lose TV reception if there is no phones plugged in (only lose ability to order PPV's using the remote)...and U can order PPV's online via the DTV website..

Anonymous

I put up a simple directory that should help you find what you need and stop this site from crashing FORTEC STAR LIFETIME/PANSAT/SATELLITE TV FORUMS AND DOWNLOADS

LK
Unregistered guest
anon...this site will crash if U keep posting the same thing NUMEROUS times and on every thread 2-3 x..or are U getting the numbers up for google?

LK
Unregistered guest
anon...Hi Gordon!///LOL...

or do we actually have a mod here?..if so,it took the site to crash to finally get some attention..this site allows way too much childish,immature antics and flaming..thats what its known for throughout the entire Dss community....why not get some more volunteer mods like all the other Dss forums use..many here mod at other sites,they would help clean up this place and make it informative and respected..

LK
Unregistered guest
anon...this site will crash if U keep posting the same thing NUMEROUS times and on every thread 2-3 x..or are U getting the numbers up for google?

Anonymous

Forum" means a chat area, message board, bulletin board (bbs), or e-mail function offered as part of any eCoustics.com Site.

If you participate in any Forum within an eCoustics.com site,
you MUST NOT:

defame, abuse, harass or threaten others;

make any bigoted, hateful or racially offensive statements;

advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;

post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;

post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent language or images;

advertise or sell to, or solicit others;

use the Forum for commercial purposes of any kind;

post or distribute any software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful component; or

post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room or bulletin board.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 81
Folks: the best thing to do is not respond at all to people who abuse the site. Let them figure this stuff our for themselves...or not.

LK
Unregistered guest
we already do that...had a boycott for a few weeks..the site crashing was ALL about the dishnetwork KEY changes and people looking for help,so the traffic here was very high and eventually caused the site to crash...which affected the other ECOUSTICS message board forums here..sometimes u have to take the bad with the good if u want to maintain forums..

As far as the childish immature idiots posts,theat has been allowed here for a VERY long time...and we all have posted complaints about it BUT to NO avail...it appears that this crash is now being blamed on the idiot posters,which it wasn't...it was legit good people looking for help...this site appear to want to have its cake and eat it too...they want thses DSS forums,so they can sell ads for sponsors,but they NOW don't want us posting any illegal discussions..U can't have it both ways...delete the DSS forums here if they are of no use except to point everyone in another direction/site..

Mod at work !!
Unregistered guest
OK Guys......... I really think that this "anonymous" dude that is posting all over the site is really a Mod.
Do you know why?
well....there was this thread about this SLEAZY SCAMMER called GORDO that was deleted by this "anonymous" Mod.
only a Mod can delete threads and posts.

LK
Unregistered guest
hey U catch on quick...of course he's a Mod..I know that he also was a old regular registered user here also...with username (not nick) "pitbull"...we all can see where this is leading...remember Ecoustics is a business,selling many various electronic products (audio/visual mostly) and with many sponsors...so thet have these DSS forums so they can get the hmost internet hits from google and then hopefully attract more PAYING sponsors here...and also maybe WE will buy from them too...but when the site crashed (too much traffic here at once) because of us all looking for the key new codes,then others couldn't enter the OTHER forums here (there are many here)...so they lost possible buyers,# of net hits went down,maintenance on their server was necessary,so now they want us to back off and use other sites (when its convenient for them)..the mods here were also yhe ones who started alot of trouble over the months,posting as imposters,trying to keep people to post here,and get the internet "hits" for google and bring in more people then..

look for old posts with username "pitbull",thats the mod here now using anonymous..I know for sure based on some keywords he has used in some posts..

BTW..mods delete posts here all the time...but never deleted the trashy idiot bickering ones from analman and kneegrow..and Larry D..cause those idiots brought in people for a laugh,which made Ecoustics #1 at google hits..

LK
Unregistered guest
LARRY DOHERTY II
Silver Member
Username: Pitbull

I believe the mods are larry,analman,kneegrow,and every other past trouble making idiot here...remember larry,the racist..

also I have seen the anon mod here and a poster named "pitbull" at another site use the EXACT same words verbatum...and these were not copy and pastes..

what a shitdump
Unregistered guest
I'll be darn

I new it all along
Unregistered guest
man.....this site makes me wanna puke

Beer Man
Unregistered guest
the first troublemaker was a guy called Peckerhead.I know this because I've been reading this thread ever since April of 2004.

LK
Unregistered guest
There was NEVER a Peckerhead...it was peckerwood aka PW,the voice,casey jones,applebee,key largo,largo key,now LK...all me!(also had so many other nicks I can't remeber them all..LOL)...and I was never any trouble,BUT I had many imposters starting trouble using my nick!...thats why i had to switch nicks so many times..

Beer Man
Unregistered guest
ooops..my bad
anyways, Im glad that Larry kid went away
and that Kneegrow also did

LK
Unregistered guest
they didn't go away...they are mods here...just now this site freaked becausec the server went down,and this site has really gotten much bigger (more traffic) lately,so they don't need those "disguised fake imposters" idiots anymore...but if this site slows down,like they want it to,then the idiots will be back..

BTW..."stupid idiot" was one of the first trouble makers who really was kneegrow,analman,Larry etc..all are a Mod here!

fred-flint
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info LK. How common is subbing out receivers. Does DTV do anything to combat this ? Are there any do's and dont's to look out for ? I was planning on making a copy of all receiver info to keep at the main location ( ie: serial numbers ) Thanks
Sory all this other crap had to show up in my thread , just wanted some advice...yikes

Thanks

LK
Unregistered guest
very common to share with others..Suggestions below..

Do NOT..
plug in phone lines (except 1 of yours if U want)
order more than 6 receivers/cards EVER total
expect others to get your locals,if they live in another far area (includes NFL and sports too)
order PPV's via remote
allow others to call DTV

Do:
completely trust all involved
order PPV's online using your account at DTV.com (all receivers will view the purchases ordered)
order the premium package and share it
activate the receivers/cards yourself (not others)
enjoy cheap TV

LK
Unregistered guest
very common to share with others..Suggestions below..

Do NOT..

plug in phone lines (except 1 of yours if U want)

order more than 6 receivers/cards EVER total (I know some who have 12,but I don't recommend it)

expect others to get YOUR or ANY locals,if they live in another far area (includes NFL ticket and sports packages too)

order PPV's via remote (except on the 1 phone plugged receiver)

allow others to call DTV for help

Do:

completely trust all involved

order PPV's online using your registered account at DirectTV.com (all receivers will view the purchases ordered,no matter who orders)

give others your online (directtv.com) username and password

order the premium package and share it

activate the receivers/cards yourself (not others)

enjoy cheap TV

fred-flint
Unregistered guest
Thank you very much for the info LK. A few more questions if I may.
Who would be the best to call for instalation ? Just using one of my local ad's for DTV or going through someone like Value electronics ? Mabye the installers are the same with both. As long as they dont question my set up.
Does the set up follow your existing cable lines ?
Also what kind of multi switches are involved in a 4 room set up , and does this cause problems when I unplug and move 2 of the 4 receivers.

One again thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
LK, I'm mightily impressed with your info on Directv. If I have multiple receivers all connected to the telephone line and I order PPV online, will the program still be fed to all receivers?

LK
Unregistered guest
First to order using the remote control,U MUST have phone line plugged in...If U ordering using the remote,then ONLY that 1 receiver will receive toe PPV order..If U order PPV's online,then they will come on EVERY receiver on your DTV account,irregardless if phone is plugged in or not..why would U want all the phones plugged in?...especially if sharing with others!...do not have them plug in phone!...

Installation..call Directv themselves or go to www.expertsatellite.com or www.rapidsatellite.com (they sometimes offer some good FREE promotional items,like free Tivo,DVR,webcam etc)....also all usually have some package FREE for 2-3 months....either way,they all will send out good installers who know what they're doing...and No problems removing receivers..

fred-flint
Unregistered guest
Thanks LK.

About the multi switch ? How does that affect removing 2 receivers ? Will I need a multi switch for the second location ? Does it matter which 2 I move ?

Thanks

LK
Unregistered guest
other location?..a friend or another house?...it all depends upon what dish and LNB's are located at the other location..other house needs roof dish,LNB's,wiring etc..there are many variables based upon what kind of dish,lnb's,switchs,how may receivers going there etc..can get complicated based upon the other location...most who share already have or had DTV setup there once..if it doesn't.it have to be installed by someone...and installation varies based on many variables I already mentioned...

which receivers U "move"akes no differnce,as long as the same cards that were "married" and activated are still used in THOSE same receivers..

LK
Unregistered guest
other location?..a friend or another house?...it all depends upon what dish and LNB's are located at the other location..other house needs roof dish,LNB's,wiring etc..there are many variables based upon what kind of dish,lnb's,switchs,how may receivers going there etc..can get complicated based upon the other location...most who share already have or had DTV setup there once..if it doesn't.it have to be installed by someone...and installation varies based on many variables I already mentioned...

which receivers U "move"akes no differnce,as long as the same cards that were "married" and activated are still used in THOSE same receivers..in other words,do NOT take cards out of the original receivers they are put in,then activated by calling DTV..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
LK, thanks a lot. I'm not "sharing with others", but did wonder if phone connection to additional receivers would some how limit reception of PPV ordered online to only one receiver.. Your info is invaluable.

fred-flint
Unregistered guest
Thanks

Yes the other location is the subs house. They do not have / or have never had satellite. Hopping to buy a dish and run the wires my self, is it complicated ?

LK
Unregistered guest
Why do it yourself?...U cannot get FREE DTV!...call DTV and they will install for FREE...and U pay a monthly bill...U have me confused...BUT DTV will NOT install for FREE at 2 different houses..

barney
Unregistered guest
jeesh Lk u must be getting tired, neither location has a dish installed. the first location will have the dish installed by dtv, and they will be the subs.The other location he will have to mount the dish himself. Make sure you get a dual lnb. dish if your using 2 of the receivers, then just hookem up.Don't plug the phone line in. Enjoy

fred-flint
Unregistered guest
Yes.that is corect barney. I was wondering how hard is the install setup if you do it yourself ? I plan on watching the instaler at my house , and just duplicating it at the subs...

Thanks

barney
Unregistered guest
fred if u never done it before,just read the intructions that come with the receiver, or go to dtv site and look up setup. If the installer is a good head, heel even give you a dish an cable for a few bucks. Don't hurt to ask.

ralphymay
Unregistered guest
Are both Dish and Dtv subbed ? , one more than the other ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us