Can the CoolSat 4000 pro be programed?

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through July 07, 2005Tiger Young100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Username: 6273909

Post Number: 3
Tiger

You don't really need a channel list. Load the 1.28 and then do a blind scan of the satellite. Be sure to get a 30"+ dish, LNB, and motor because if you don't you will be missing a lot of really good "true free" TV.

kevinpsulli
Unregistered guest
taking the chance to hopefully not get LT pissed off....I was wondering if anyone could tell me just how many dishes one would need to actually have a whole weekend of tv viewing without having to adjust a dish to a different frequency...do you get the nfl ticket or is this cool-sat really just for dishnetwork? the first post I read said a guy was getting 2000 channels...is this possible and if so how many dishes does he have? again, I did read all posts from the last 4 months, hopefully I won't need an LT reading class and there is a kind brother out there that can help me...thanx!

LK
Unregistered guest
First reading is a good thing,it stimulates the brain,like doing execises for the heart and muscles...I believe U are referring to LK,not LT..one satellite can get about 200 channels,it depends upon the satellite...go to www.lyngsat.com and it lists all the satellites and which channels are on them..the NFL Sunday ticket is ONLY available on Directv (DTV) satellites which U cannot intercept those signals due to their scrambled coded encryption..U can watch NFL games at various cities using Dishnetwork satellites (110-119) but that will not be possible this year because nagra2 encryption is coming and Both Dishnet and BeV TV will be scrambled,just like Directv (DTV)..

BTW...if U read the past 4 months ,then U would already know this info...don't BS anyone here..If U read for 2 hours here U would have known these answers..

Black Hawk
Unregistered guest
All channels from US providers are scrambled and U would need to work off-line with your local users to figure it out. Good Lucks !!

Unregistered guest
I got mine at cools*t-direct.com. But they do not sell the software. Any idea where I can download the file for the Cool pro.Please Ema with info

7/19/05
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Installed my cools@t 4000 pro but all the channels say that they are scrambled. What code do I need to enter in to get the channels.

Help

Username: Revolter

Post Number: 1
Hey folks, I have c**lsat 4000pro ,after a lot of digging I found how and I did reprogram it so I have some descrambled channels, but bad thing is I am deaf and I need captions (CC) but they don't work no matter what I do, it is the flashed soft the reason ?, can I enter something to make it work? in C**lsat menu I allready tried enable it , everything possible it is enabled but nothing happens, any help please.

Skipper
Unregistered guest
closed caption doesnt work on pansats, so maybe neither on cooIsats .

Anonymous

it works but you have to do a rescan

Anonymous

This is H.S.
Can you folk tell me, what's the different between cool4000+ and the Pro. Cause I can not tell the difference. So other could know also. Thanks a bunch all.
H.S.

chicago
Unregistered guest
The Coo*lsat 4000 Pro is an improvement on an already superb product line, its predecessor the 4000 Plus has excellent video quality and working EPG (electronic program guide) for Dishnet.

The main difference between the Pro and the Plus is that in addition to the outstanding quality and great hardware and firmware features of the Plus model, the Pro also has Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio output and S-Video output and it has dual composite A/V jacks (A.K.A. RCA jacks). The additional outputs improve audio and video decoding and quality as well as add versatility to the unit for use with almost any audio/video display system from a standard TV hook up to the most advanced home theaters.

Username: 6273909

Post Number: 4
I have a question about my cool sat 4000 pro.
When I am watching the IA5 97.0 W satellite my box will reset, meaning the screen will go blue, and the channel number will flat line. It will come back on 1-2 seconds later and work fine. I have not had this problem on any other satellite.

No. 2
Unregistered guest
hello, i recently purchased a cool*sat 4000pro and have read this entire forum for answers.i'll figure out the programing for the reciever with what ive learned here but i only have one small question-> the front right of the box folds open to reveal an area as if something was ment to be there .....but what?
common LK, i know u have the answer!
Ty,i think it is great what u guys r doing.(>^^)>

anywer
Unregistered guest
This place has a good deal on the New Cool Sat 4000 Pro

http://www.SatelliteWiz.com

Got it in 2 days. Works great!

Unregistered guest
we just bought our cool sat but its not quite working. its all hooked up but it keeps saying scramble schannel or no signal or weak signal...... could anybody help us as to how to make the channels work?

Anonymous

where do i download the firmware? i cant find the site!!!!!

No.2
Unregistered guest
the front right of the cool*sat 400 pro box folds open to reveal an area as if something was ment to be there .....but what?
common LK, i know u have the answer!
what could it pobbiably be for????
thanx for ur time!

nonameeea
Unregistered guest
www.coolsatpro.com
has low price fast shipping

Anonymous001
Unregistered guest
From documentation of Cools@t4000 pro, it has DiseqC 1.2 control. But I tried to connect Cools@t 4000 pro with SG2100 motor together. It doesn't work. I guess that Cools@t pro doesn't have the user interface and functions to support DiseqC 1.2.
Doesn't anybody have any experience or suggestion on this?

Thank you.

anonymous002
Unregistered guest
to anonymous001:
I have a different motor, but my cools*t 4000 pro seems to work fine with DiseqC 1.2 . I have noticed that if I leave an external signal meter in line, the motor will NOT work. Go to motorized dish settings in the menu and choose the DiseqC 1.2 option at the bottom of the list, and it should work.

Username: Scooterguy

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

When I first setup my CoolS*t 4000, I received all the P*P*V channels, not they will not come in... Any ideas on what I need to do?

LK
Unregistered guest
No2..there still is no card slot in right front..

PPV 's are dead ...gone to N2...U must subscribe now to get them...

JJE
Unregistered guest
I came upon this thread and am quite interested with a mpeg receiver. How many chanels can I expect to get with the Cool$;t Pro 4000 legaly?
Thanks in advance for the info.

LK
Unregistered guest
IT all depends upon how many dishes, LNB's and size of dish,types of LNB's, and using a motor...need to go to lnygsat. com and decide what channels and satellites U want...then buy whatever hardware U need to get them!

The more,the bigger,the better..the more guns and ammo U have the more U can shoot!....same theory..

Anonymous

i just bought a cool$at pro 40000
i was wondering what i need to do to start getting free chnnels
i already have the dish set up
i bought it from the DVB warehouse from e bay

reboot
Unregistered guest
i was thinking of getting a coosat pro but by the time you buy the add on card reder its as much money as the viewsat vs2000 which has more memory and a faster processor, is the viewsat the better unit, is there as much software avail for thse units as some of the others?

Dub
Unregistered guest
So you cant get Sunday Ticket with the dreambox??

Username: Xian_froat

Hello does Free-To Air Reciever have PPV's and Events

What Channels do they get ?

IS there a Channel guide ?
Can i just turn it on when i get it hook it to my pie thats pointing at Dishnet 119 and voila get Dishnet ?? Upload

pc
Unregistered guest
I bought a Coolset 4000 pro and it worked well for about two months, now I am loosing channels (says scrambled channel), do I need to program my STB? how do you do this? Can anyone please help?

Anonymous

This place has a good deal on the Cool Sat 4000 Pro

http://www.SatelliteWiz.com

Got it in 2 days. ALL the channels work great!

Username: Chevyman3872

Ringgold, Va Usa

i purchased a cool 4000 pro from fta source thursday night can anyone tell how long it might take to be shipped from their to ringgold va and where can i read info for a newby thanks to anyone who can help

Username: Steadyshot

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 2
GoSatellite.net is currently offering a c**lsat 4000 pro WITH an X-card reader and 14 month card for 229.00 + shipping of 20.00 (ground fedex to my zip)
Is this too good to be true?
They are also telling me my pansat 2500, fortec ultra, and multisat are all not up to the Nagra 2 which requires a high cycle rate.
What's the real scoop?

dishbuster
Unregistered guest
I want a trusted site , not bulls#@t, where i can get my hardware, i mean my Cool*sat 4000 Pro, for an affordable price. Any suggestions welcome. Scammers dont bother.

Anonymous

i have a c0olsat 4000 pro, and i have the COOLSAT4000 133p 20050902 N2 & N1 all in one
file on my computer. how do i download it to my receiver? please post the step by step here please. thanx in advance.

chicago
Unregistered guest
about the coo*lsat!

First you need to do a factory reset.
Then connect the box to the computer with your cable.
Power the unit up, use a program called
Coo*lsat proloader v[1].2.1 .
Then once you open the program click on Auto detect , it should find your FTA and what version software that is on it.
Then click on the browse tab and look for the bin you downloaded.
You need COOLSAT4000_133p_20050902.stb. Make sure you are on the software tab, then click connect, then start .
Let it complete the download, don't interrupt it. You are now ready to test. Hook it up to the sat and do a blind scan or you can use the channel guide of your choice to download to your FTA. Just use the same program and click on the channels tab.
Good luck hope this helps..

Buy and Sell
Unregistered guest
ALL YOU PEEPS WOULD BE SMART TO UNLOAD UR KRAPSAT NOW WHY THE PRICES ON FLEABAY ARE SO HIGH AND BUY A DREAMBOX OR TRIPLE DRAGON CUZ DN IS GONNA NAIL THE 101 ROM U CAN BET ON THAT!!

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Hey, Dishbuster I'm fairly new to this, but I took a chance with www.freetoairdish.com as my supplier of CoolS*t 4000 and was extrememly please. I received a 4000 pro model, switch, and cable for $139.00. Don't know if this is a really good deal or not, but I've found it to have worked for me.

BobH
Unregistered guest
I got my Cool Pro in April from Mike at global.fta@gmail.com The price was great, he's available for help, and he let me know when there was new software, and even emailed me the latest software.

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 5
Help!! I cannot find my NDF file for my channels for the CoolS*t 4000 Pro. Can a-n-y-o-n-e help me by posting a link where I can find the needed NDF file? I have a box that is only halfway working. Can't scan for channels if I do not have any... Thanks

Anonymous

does anyone know where to download the latest STB for cool*sat ...www.dsscommunity.c o m is gone!

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 6
Hey Anonymous, here is the link to the site where I get my STB. Not too certain it is the "latest", but it works. Dor you know where to get the NDF to download channels from? If so, that I could use greatly....

h**p://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=documents&JAS_DocumentManager_op=v iewDocument&JAS_Document_id=1&MMN_position=22:22

downloads section
Unregistered guest
scooterguy try this...http://www.dssmex.com/foros/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=20

P4Toys
Unregistered guest
Dear Users,

DirecTV is Back! We are currently offering the following;

- P4/P5 Loaders
- P4/P5 Scripts
- Virgin P4/P5 Cards
- 24/7 Support

Get Your PPV, Sports, Adult and Local channels back!

Visit www.p4toys.com for more information

Thanks

Sales

No p4 HAck
Unregistered guest
Dear Users,

DirecTV is Back! We are currently offering the following;

- P4/P5 Loaders
- P4/P5 Scripts
- Virgin P4/P5 Cards
- 24/7 Support

Get Your PPV, Sports, Adult and Local channels back!

Visit www.p4toys,com for more information

Thanks

Sales

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

CS
Unregistered guest
doest ne body know if the c00lsat will work with a direct tv dish?

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 7
Hey Downloads section...Thanks for the link. Only one problem, it's in spanish. Dough! I really do appreciate it nonetheless, but it will not give me the needed NDF for 110/119 for the CoolS*t Pro 4000. So.... if anyone knows where I can get the NDF for channels, I'd appreciate it.

Username: Grubber

I ordered a CoolS*t 4000 pro from GoSatellite.net
for $ 229 + $20.00 for shipping I ordered it on
Sept 03 and was shipped on Sept 06. I was provided a Fedex Tracking # on Sept 08.
They told me that they ordered 3000 units and sold over 400 units over the weekend. I have been able to talk to a live person every time I have called.
So far my experience has be good.

Laurabunny
Unregistered guest
Hello! I have a Cool'sat 4000 Pro and the day before yesterday I downloaded 1.33 firmware on it with the help of Loader 2.2. Result - there is nothing coming at all. When I do auto scan, the system does not see any channels at all. What's that? Did I kill the receiver? Please help, I am a girl and do not know much about this stuff. Can it be because I used the wrong cable - DV9?

Bronze Member
Username: 99centrobot

Illinois

Post Number: 11
You need a RS232 cable (serial cable)which it should have came with already. You can pick one up anywhere for under 20 bucks. But if it really downloaded like you said you obviously have the correct cable. So i'm at a loss...try it again.
http:keybin.com/index.php? has all you need if you need to download anything again.
FYI~My laptop did not have a serial port only a USB if this is the case with anyone you need a serial to USB cable which will do the trick but you might need to add a port manually in your device settings.
I found mine at Circuit City for around 30 bucks.

Bronze Member
Username: 99centrobot

Illinois

Post Number: 12
one more thing...you need to do a factory reset first then a blind scan not a auto scan...that's what I did. I have everything but p0rn..even ppv.

Laurabunny
Unregistered guest
Tried again. Reset everything to factory settings, downloaded 1.33 (it shows wthen I look at the system info on the receiver, so I assume that the download went fine), did a blind scan - still nothing. Any other ideas?

Pittsburgh, PA

Laurabunny, sounds like a silly suggestion maybe...but check your cable connections. Make sure your lnb/dish cable is connected to the lnb or IF in port and not antennae in or IF/ lnb out. If it looks correct then unhook it and visibly inspect the end, there should be thin copper wire sticking out a bit. If it got broken off or bent it will prevent your getting a signal. If that is all correct could your dish have been bumped? I'm assuming your dish was previously pointed at the correct satellite.
I hope this helps, any questions post again and we'll try to help.
Dave

Laurabunny
Unregistered guest
Cable connections - the lnb/dish cable is in Lnb input.
CHecked the integrity of the cable all the way to dish.
Copper wire is sticking.
We fiddled with the dish a bit, but no matter how we point it (with the help of a compass), nothing's coming. The dish WAS pointed correctly before I downloaded the 1.33.

Username: Jon74

ON

WHERE CAN I GET 61.5 CHANNEL, ALL I FIND IS 119&110 PLEASE HELP

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 8
Hey Dave, I'm having the same trouble as Laurabunny... I've got the stb to download good the ndf for the channels downloads also. My problem is that on my signal strength monitor at the bottom of the screen...all I get is red bars. I just recently sold my last working dish and acquired some different lnbs from a friend. Could they be bad by chance? Don't know how common that is. Just curious... about ready to just subscribe. help if you can.

Username: Shleo_1964

can anyone please post the key codes for "dish network (0001). i'm currently using a c**lsat 4000 pro. (and i'm a newbie here) don't really know what i'm doing yet.

Pittsburgh, PA

Well folks, now I'm in the same boat. I got a cools*t pro with the card reader and "subbed" card from gosatellite.com. It arrived overnight as I had ordered but I cannot get it to pickup any channels. all but the preview and dish info channels are scrambled. I get green bars and high signal strength on 99% of the channels but all say scrambled.
Scooterguy if you are getting redbars then it is a signal issue. And your new LNBs could be the problem. I however don't know which lnbs work with the cools*t. I have a twin dishnet digital lnb. It does not say legacy or 500 etc. on it, it identifies one lnb as 119w and one as 110w, says dishnet and digital satellite lnb.
I have tried reprogramming this thing at least 2 dozen times using instructions and files found here and at Al7bar forum. I don't know what is up. If someone who has one working can help I'd appreciate it. I am in Ohio, using an oval dish with dishnet digital lnb, getting strong signals from both 110 and 119.
What channel list should I be using?
At what point should I install the card reader upgrade file?
What is the newest best file for the cools*t pro?
For an stb called the easiest to program yet, this one is getting a bit frustrating to a lot of people here.
Thanks
Dave

Kraftee
Unregistered guest
A couple of questions. Which one of the STB loaders works best with the Coo*lsat 4000 pro ? I've looked at some of the links in this thread, and d/l'ed a couple of different ones, however, I havent found a site that has the "proloader" or "loader 2.2" versions, or does it really make a difference which one I use ? Also, I'll be using a Dish 500 with integrated LNB ( currently pointed at 110 & 119 ), for the N2 stream. Is this a common combo, or am I about to experience a problem ? I'm an old hand at plastic, alas, those days are gone. FTA is all new to me, and my STB will be here soon, so I'm trying to straighten out the learning curve !

TIA for your input !!

Anonymous

I ordered cool*t 4000 and waiting.. It seem to me those who have Dish 500, having trouble receiving channels with cool*t 4000. I also have Dish 500, and I already downloaded COOL*T 4000-133p-20050902 and waiting to arrive my Cool*t 4000. Its look like I will also have the same trouble. Any suggetions?

Anonymous

I ordered cool*t 4000 and waiting.. It seem to me those who have Dish 500, having trouble receiving channels with cool*t 4000. I also have Dish 500, and I already downloaded COOL*T 4000-133p-20050902 and waiting to arrive my Cool*t 4000. Its look like I will also have the same trouble. Any suggetions?

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 5
Finally I stumbled on at least part of the solution!
I decided once again to reload the factory bin and start again. I loaded the factory bin then the 133p 20050902 bin. I thought I would try a blind scan instead of loading a channel list. When I hooked the stb up to the tv it instantly had channels loaded! about 2tons of channels that I can't get along with the 200 + or - that I do get. After trying to wade through them all I deleted all channels and scanned first 119w then 110w. I was shocked to see the complete list of channels from 7 sats show up again!
I went to the NDFedit program to edit the list but I cannot find how to delete any of the excess sats or channels. I have well over a thousand channels to search through to find what I want. I will continue to look for a way to fix this but for now I'm pretty happy to have got it working at all.
My advice is to use stb tool v 1.5 to load the 133p 20050902 bin and nothing else until you hook up your box and try it out. I suspect that loading to factory bin did not remove the channel list I loaded last. Carefully inspect any channel list you think of using and make sure it does not have any sats or channels you can't get. I can't find how to remove them. Also I noticed the absence of a sort channels alpahbetically option on the cools*t pro.
I hope this helps.

Anonymous

dave..1) go into menu...2)system setting...3)data base reset...4)delete all chs...5)exit....6) blind scan...............then make a favorites list...1) menu...2)chs...3) favorites

Username: Rick031

Hello new here. I would like to know If I get a cool sat 4000 will my dish work with it. I have a single LNB. I used the dish for BEV then Dish network./////Another question, what will cool sat pick up. Will it pick up bev, dish channels . If not is there a site that shows the channel line up. Does it really pick up 4000 channels and it it totaly free?////Thanks

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 6
Thanks Anony Mouse, I am now getting just the 2 sats I actually get. However there are several tps that fortec and pansat pickup that cools*t doesn't. It does pickup a ton of locals from elswhere in the country but my locals are on tps it doesn't pickup as is sci-fi and Fox Propaganda channel.
I am wondering if that's just a glitch in the 133 bin that will be ironed out in the future.
One other disappointing isue is that using an RCA 3x4 multiswitch to connect 110w,119w, and antennae to 3 stbs, i cannot tune in channels on the cools*t unless at least one of the others is viewing same channel. that seems kind of wimpy and makes having 3 seem pointless.
I am going to start another thread regarding multiple receiver hookups.

Username: Pzed

Sorry but I 'm new here. I'm just desperate because I only hv until 9/21 to watch my remaining channel in n1. I just want to hv my Food Tv USA n ppv. I'm planning to buy fta receiver. I believe fta receivers are cardless( am i right) next is it user friendly i'm not into electronics which fta receiever is the best hope someone can help me...

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 7
Pzed, what are you watching on now?
Yes FTA's are cardless, just download the appropriate software tools and latest files.
Which is the best? depends on who you ask.
of my 4 I like the fortec ultra best. The pantec mx was the cheapest and fine until I fried it with the wrong download. The Pansat 2500 is a fine box also but I prefer to program mine to use the fortec files. I just like fortec interface better. I also have a shiny new cools*t 4000 pro but I haven't decided if I like it or not yet.

Anonymous

Can anyone pls help me

I downloaded the latest chanel list and now I do not get all the channels I had before.

I am from Ottawa Canada. Therfore I did a scan for 110 and 119.

Please tell me where I can get the best channel list for both bev and dishnet. I how to prperly scan the channels to get them all.

Thanks!

With cool 4000 is it worth it. Will I pick up American and Canadian programing?

Anonymous

ok now i'v made up my mind i am definitely going to order cool sat 4000. Do i need to buy a cable or does it come with it? which files shall i download? Where do I get authentic files, I mean one that will not fry my receiver? I think I still have 5-8 channels more until 9/21( CBS, HBO,NBC...). Can I watch Food network USA not Food network Canada coz obviously I'm living in Canada? Thanks Dave for the info sure appreciate it. Thanks all.....

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 8
Hey there Canuck Anony Mouse, Make sure whoever you buy from supplies the cable as they come with it. It's just a straight through cable tht can be got anywhere though. I am getting MOST of the channels my other boxes get and a good many they don't! I'm not sure why but some tps just aren't getting picked up by my cools*t pro. If you are only using one reciever at a time it's a good box.
The files are available in alot of places check previous posts for links. I have had no luck using others channel lists. I have had more success with blind scan and or manual scan.
When you get your box I would hook it up and see what you get first, then if you don't get any tv, use stb tools to load the 133 bin file only. I don't recommend messing with ndfe or softcam at this time. They just screwed me up.
I am not the best guru here on the cools*t I am just passing on my experience with it. Best of luck.

RanJha
Unregistered guest
I have a question. What does DUAL-LNBF mean? Does that mean you can connect two receivers or does that mean you can tune to two satellites?

So when something says 3-dual-lnbf's .. Does that mean it will let 2 receivers connect to 3 satellites individually?
-OR-
When something says dual lnbf, does it mean it'll let one receiver tune to two satellites or two receivers connect to one satellite?

Please explain.
Thanks for you help.

Alian
Unregistered guest
Almost all the channels are scramble right now (even with the program 133 for niagra 2)... I have c00lsat pro... any solution? Just yesterday all the channels where working well!

LK
Unregistered guest
do a scan on both sats

LK
Unregistered guest
do a scan on both sats

LK
Unregistered guest
imposter LK...FTA is down!...The N2 keys which po*rn etc were on ,are now on ALL Dishnet channels..up until today,all the channels used the old N1 keys,except po*rn, some sports, and a few other channels...thats why U couldn't get them...I said this before...This alleged N2 hack has been thought of as a Temp "work around" and NOT a real hack,...we have no way to get the N2 keys like we did the N1 keys..

Username: Keyboy

Hi. LK
i got coolsat4000pro. can i watch BEV 91w satellite? i ready use dish500 dish to install. please help.

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 9
Okay, I officially feel defeated.... I have two brand new CoolS*t 4000 Pros that have done nothing other than take up counter space. I've tried to get them to pick up somehing other than local channels, but that's all I get. Every other channel comes up "scrambled". E-v-e-r-y channel... Can a-n-y-o-n-e tell me exactly the stb file, and ndf file I need for these boxes? Otherwise, I think I'm fixing to deep-six them in the can and just go back to my trusty rabbit ears.

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 10
Don't pitch them yet ScooterGuy! d*shn*t launched some new countermeasure today. I am getting locals form the other side of the country, CNN and one or two others at the moment. If you are getting anything then you probably programmed it ok it is just a coincidence that you got yours at the same time they ecm'd the first n2 hack. Be patient another bin will undoubtedly show up soon. I've heard from 2 coders already that they are working on it as we speak. All my stb's are similarly affected.

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 10
Dave B...you've given a desperate man hope! lol I'm pretty darn good with electronics and computers, but I've yet to get my own CoolS*t unit to run properly. I spent good money for the only working unit I have and had to compensate another chump to do what i felt i could do myself. Do me a favor, if you come across the bin let me know. I'll give my boxes a reprieve for now....

Hello, if n2 is cracked will my atmega and my 3100 ird ever work again. Or are they door stops.
Thanks

cs
Unregistered guest
i bought a new c00lsat 400 pro and i cant get it to work i updated the firmware and everything i did a auto scan blind scan etc
every time it finishes and i go back to the main menu it says you had no ch
can ne body tell me what im doing wrong

Anonymous

"FTA will not have Bev 4-6 weeks...and Dish will be gone in 6 months..so think before U buy anything anywhere now.."

Hey moron, it's not gone. STFU.

Anonymous

Anything for Cools@t yet? Can't get into any sites!

jack th eripper
Unregistered guest
can anyone watch goltv and fox soccer channel on 110 or 119 satellites?

Bronze Member

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Hey, anyone have a CoolS*t fix yet? I'm tired of my STB's being nothing more than paper weights...

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, PA

Here is a link to the newest cools*t 4000 pro bin{ http://forums.al7bar.../showthread.php?t=95012
load it with the stb tool v 1.5 (insert .tk in place of ...)the link won't work just by cicking on it. you may have to register there
I'm getting most of the channels on it.
Enjoy

cs
Unregistered guest
my coos*t is messed up i tired all the different types of scan and the new bin but it still says no channels can ne body help

Username: 111283

Where can I get the stb tool v1.5 ?

Anonymous

Hi,

I was also looking for one and noticed the **NEW** CoolS@t 4000 Pro CI Sept 2005 model is realeased, does anyone know anything about it?

I'm just not sure which to get, the Cools@t 4000 pro or the NEW Sept 2005 model. Any spects change or update made on this version?

ONE additional question, regarding to dish, which is better or best or recommended? I've seen dish 300/500, dish pro and one 30" from A.TN many others else where, which is which, i just want the decent one.

Any comments? i'm totally new to this

heres the link i was at
http://www.dvbhardware.com/product_info.php?products_id=52

Username: Viscount

i connected my co-lsat box flash it with COOLSAT4000_134_20050915.stb i get signal from the satellite "signal", but i can't get any pic or sound from the box. it is that i am looking at the wrong satellite

Username: Horacegreen

He said www.cancunmoon.net

john tehrani
Unregistered guest
DoesDoes any one know how to change the channal on my coolsat4000 using my replaytv?

Thanks

Username: Musician

BridgetownBarbados

Is the 4000 really what it is purported to be? why is the Pansat3500s fixed with more specs on rear panel..ie.audio and visual preferences. component vid and S- vid.

Musician

Username: Binhto

hi

Anonymous

Hi Every one,
Does any one know the updating files for cool sat 4000 PRO can be used also for cooltec 4000 PRO?
Thanks

yesmanthankyousam
Unregistered guest
hey i suggest you all check out orasat i got it and love it, it is better then coolshit 4000 pro.

i love it a lot i got it from http://www.free-to-air.org

great unit very easy to use good picture/sound.

Anonymous

Hi yesmanthankyousam;
Thanks for the advise.
I am new in FTA receivers so that's why I go with what i hear more about it. I hear a lot about cool sat and it seems that the code updates are everywhere but I don't see much about updating file for orasat. Beside orasat price is higher. cooltec is around 170 Canadian(150 U$) but orasat is 250U$. What do I get more from orasat?
A technical question:
How often do I need to change and search for the updates on line? and what is this nagravision 2 and 1?
Are the updating codes(or files) always available? Can I trust that they will be available for at least a few years for the model that I buy? That's why I want to buy something which is more known and may have more support.
or once a while I should change the receiver?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 107
"Are the updating codes(or files) always available? Can I trust that they will be available for at least a few years for the model that I buy?"

There are NO guarantees anywhere with ANY make/model...few years,I don't think so!...be happy if U got 1 year from anything...this is a hobby,not a guaranteed free TV business..U want a guarantee,then share a paid subscription,but its not free,just inexpensive...Pansat and Fortec are the most popular FTA receivers and Ebay is the least expensive site....

rightonrightleft
Unregistered guest
yea i think yesmanthankyousam is right.

The Orasat 5.0 is a great unit i have FOOLSAT and it has had a problem here and there nothing major but the Orasat 5.0 i have has MUCH better picture and sound. it is GREAT for newbies it is easy to use and you do not need any know how.

Bronze Member

Mesquite, Texas Dallas

Post Number: 12
I do not know about anyone else, but my CoolS*T system has not worked right since I've had it. I have never been able to get the 119 signal AT ALL!! I've been through hundreds of dollars worth of switches and LNB and still nothing. I think the CoolS*t is more Hype than putout. I've got a pile of CoolS*t junk in the boxes if any fool is interested in it....

Anonymous

It seems choosing a receiver is not easy. So far I thought cool sat is the best. Now I am hearing that's not so good!
Why does it work for some people and it doesn't for others?
Is that because they use right or wrong updating codes? Or that's because their version is different?
I want to buy one! Please tell me what I should check for choosing one? Things like Nagra2!
Are there different receivers for different sattelites? Are there receivers that receive all or most of the sattelites?
I know these are many questions but please help me find as mush as possible about receivers to buy a good one with good support or available codes.
Thanks a million
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us