DVD picture on Samsung 5063 is poor

Username: Ial

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Samsung 5063. I have connected it to a Sony DVD player, model DVPNS775V, via component cables (not Monster brand, but gold tipped). I have the TV on "wide" and "cinema" or "dynamic" move. But the picture quality on the set, however, is bad. All text and edges have some sort of ghosting or outlining problem that makes the picture look fuzzy. I tried playing two different DVDs on the TV and had the same problem. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 23
Are you sure the cables are pushed in all the way? Have you calibrated the component input on the TV with DVE or Avia?

Post Number: 3
when i looked at the cables last night, one was a bit out, so i did push it and all other cables in all the way, but nothing changed. I have not calibrated the component input and do not know how to do that or what DVE or Avia is???

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Make sure that the dvd player is set to output 480 p not 480i

Username: Duckyspawn

Post Number: 5
I have the same problem as you. My picture quality is horrible. I am probably going to return the tv this weekend.

Post Number: 5
The TV works great with HDTV content. So I think it is a source problem instead of a TV problem. I am going to try out a different DVD player tonight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us