Philips Projection TV 43PP8420 focusing/convergence

Username: Prabadisha

Post Number: 1

Hi,
I have the Philips projection the model 43PP8420, and there was a problem where I got a beep from the power supply area when I turned on my TV and got no picture. And I got to know that the problem is with two STK convergence IC's which should be replaced.
I called in a repair man and first he argued that it is not something to do with the STK IC's, but ended up disconnecting the two STK's where finaly picture appeared, and the beep vanished, but the picure was not balanced and convergence wasnt correct. Then this fellow started turning the Screen/Focus RGB controls on the back of the TV, as well as the two rings of each projector, so everything went heywire.
Yesterday I called in another guy and got the two IC's replaced, and everything was fine except the picture focusing, color balance and convergence. I have 2 questions here.
1. There are 2 curved lines (green and blue), which appears in the screen statically, are these screen burns which resulted from the adjustments of that inexperienced repairman? Can projection tv screen burns occur within few hours if focusing or something is incorrect?

2. Is there any possibility of adjusting everything so that I get a clear picture? I know screen burns cannot be reversed, what I'm talking about is the picture.

As I'm living in Sri Lanka, getting technical help for projection TV's quite difficult, so your help is very much appriciated.
/PJAY
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us