Faster channel changing ?

Anonymous

Someone told me they make a box that sits on top of your DTV or dish receiver that allows you to change channels at a faster rate. Does anyone know of such a device or is this bogus. It would be nice to flip through the stations fast like cable , without the pause between.

Thanks

Anonymous

Iv never sen one but this is pretty quick!
Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Username: Allic

Post Number: 9
ya i would use the
Fortec

LK
Unregistered guest
coolsat and dreambox are the fastest..

Anonymous

I am thinking of signing up with the local DTV promotion for the 4 installed receivers, not sure what brand you get. I am sure they will not be any of these. Can you switch boxes , or do you need to use what they give you ?

Thanks

emit brown
Unregistered guest
your looking for the supersurfer 23000. it works off a fluxcompasider. its realy fast.
check ebay

yel-mel
Unregistered guest
Are you kidding..........? Saw no such item

Marty McFly
Unregistered guest
ya there is i got one to
there great

LK
Unregistered guest
DTV is not the same as coolsat or dreambox FTA (free to air) receivers...DTV usually brings U a Hughes,RCA,or Philips receivers...U need to use a DTV receiver,either your own or the ones they send/bring you...since U're subscribing to DTV,I'd use there free new Tivo DTV receivers...Tivo has pause and record etc..and with DTV ,all channels switch fast like cable..

biff tannen
Unregistered guest
hey Mcfly shudup butthead

yel-mel
Unregistered guest
Thanks fo the info LK. I have used Dish before and the channel changing was horribly slow, sounds like DTV is better. Can you still use the basic TIVO with the phone line disconnected ?

Bronze Member
Username: Silver007

Post Number: 15
My DTV has never switched fast. There is the pause that dude is wanting to get rid of. My old RCA paused bad, audio and video. My new Hughes switches faster. The audio is almost instant; the video takes a second or two compared to as much as 5 or so seconds with the old RCA.

RCA has always made crap as far as I've seen anyway.

Just ask for a Hughes receiver... maybe they'll oblige.

LK
Unregistered guest
I prefer the Hughes myself..but have had RCA and Hughes,and both change immediately (no pause)...yes U can use the tivo with no phone..

yel-mel
Unregistered guest
Anyone have experience with the D10 receiver ?
Who makes it ?
Thanks

LK
Unregistered guest
sounds like a 'Directv" made receiver..

oldman 65
Unregistered guest
How to set the time on a pansat 2500a

Bronze Member
Username: Silver007

Post Number: 16
LK are you in a rural area or metro?

Just curious as your DTV experience seems so much better than mine, as does my friends in rural areas. But, my friends in metro areas have crappy pic quality and pauses between channels like I do.

Anonymous

I put up a simple directory that should help you find what you need and stop this site from crashing SATELLITE TV SUPPORT

Anonymous

Forum" means a chat area, message board, bulletin board (bbs), or e-mail function offered as part of any eCoustics.com Site.

If you participate in any Forum within an eCoustics.com site,
you MUST NOT:

defame, abuse, harass or threaten others;

make any bigoted, hateful or racially offensive statements;

advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;

post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;

post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent language or images;

advertise or sell to, or solicit others;

use the Forum for commercial purposes of any kind;

post or distribute any software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful component; or

post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room or bulletin board.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us