Component cables that won't break the bank?

Cable Guy
Unregistered guest
I will be getting the JVC HD52Z575 in the next day or two, and I need some advice on component cables. Do I really need to spend an arm and a leg on "Monster" cables, or are there less expensive substitutes of similar quality? If so, which ones would you suggest?

I guess I have the same question regarding power strips, too.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm addicted to this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 30
Find an NXG dealer. Great cheap cables. Most used cables by custom installers.

Username: Hcwhunter

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 1
Check out your local Home Depot. I found some nice gold-plated component cables (RCA brand) there for less than half the cost of the Monsters at Best Buy.

Cable Guy
Unregistered guest
Are there particular features I should be looking for when buying component cables?

What about a surge protector/power strip? Currently I just have a basic old fashioned power strip. Do I need an upgrade? If so, why and what should I look for?

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Cable Guy,

I would buy an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) that also conditions the power. I bought a Belkin but there are many brands. I would go for a minimun of 500W. This will power the TV for a shut down in case your power goes out. The cost of such a unit should be in the under $50 range.

Anonymous

I just ordered a DVI cable from Wallmarts web site. It was $27. I am assuming it will be as good as the monster cables. It's a Phillips brand, gold plated connections, gas injeceted and a life time warranty. It's worth a try instead of paying $100 at BB or CC. I will post the results after I hook it up. Best thing about it is that the salesman said if I wanted to return it I could bring it back to any Wallmart store.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us