Toshiba customer service - WOW!

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba 57" HDTV. I bought it in Nov 2003 the warranty expired Nov 04.

Well a couple weeks ago the red lamp in my TV died. I figure, just my luck, only a 3 months out of warranty and it goes bad.

I contact my local Toshiba authorized repair center and after coming out and checking it out they confirm it is the red lamp that failed. They give me an estimate for 5 to 6 hundred to repair.

I call Toshiba customer service and politely explain that I have been brand loyal and have been very happy with their products until this point.

They asked me to fax them a copy of my sales receipt and the serial number of the TV and they would see what they could do.

They call me a couple days later and tell me that they will pay for 100% of parts and 50% of my labor costs.

I was shocked to say the least. Being out of warranty they could have easily said, Sorry, you should have bought the extended plan.

I have to say, I am very happy with them for going above and beyond what was required of them.

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
toshiba has excellent rep for customer
service along with hitachi.

but samsung/panny ...hahahahahahahahahahaha

good luck if your sam or panny breaks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 20
Great news, as Toshiba customer service has supposedly declined recently. All I know is my two CRT TV's and four year old DVD player are still performing flawlessly.

immattr
Unregistered guest
What are you talking about, I bought a computer from Toshiba in Nov of 2004. The service board broke in Jan of 2005. I sent my computer to them for repair because it was in warranty, it has been 2 months and they still haven't "received the part yet." This is the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life and I will never buy Toshiba again.

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
Sorry to hear about your problem but that doesn't negate my good experience.

Did you have to send it in? No local authorized service centers?

I feel they went above and beyond when taking care of me. Covering about 75% of my costs when the TV is out of warranty was not required and they chose to do that.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 90
immattr I would say it is a bad supplier, rather the toshiba customer service.

I have a 7 year old 36" crt toshiba. the only problem i've had with it is it's not big enough and not wide screen lol. Other then that is has been a great tv

Unregistered guest
I bought a Toshiba 65 inch model 65H14, I turn it off last night this morning no picture no sound, it gave me no warning the picture was just beautiful last night, what could be the problem?

Rob Weir
Unregistered guest
I purchased the 65H14 in February and I have the same problem. The unit cuts off with a blinking power light. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work.

Unfortunately, the last time it happened (yesterday) it would not come on. I called the local repair center and they are coming out to fix it next week.

I am debating on returning it to the store for a refund. With everything I have read about this problem it seems like an easy fix, but it makes me a little nervous with it being so new.

Seems like a big problem with Toshiba sets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us