DLP, sammy, toshi, pana......???

Username: Sammysonic

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 1
I am in the market for a new DLP TV as my 29 inch Mitsubishi of 11 years is on its last legs. I was all set to buy a Samsung 46 inch but after reading the posts on it and talking to a local TV salesperson (and larger authorized repair shop), I am not touching the Samsung. I was told the Sammy is good (if you get one that works) but if you are unfortunatel enough to have problems be prepared to wait a few weeks for repairs due to Samsungs poor distribution set up (for parts). Here in Calgary, none of the 4 largest authorized repair shops are a authorized Samsung dealer.

The salesman I am dealing with has told me that Panasonic makes a pretty good DLP as does RCA (I question the RCA as I haven't heard much positive things about the RCA DLP's). A friend of mine just bot the Toshiba 52 inch and loves it.

I have done a lot of homework and still say a 44-46 inch DLP shows a much crisper picture vs. a 50 inch, due to the fact the bulb has to illuminate smaller area. Any folks out there who can pass along any of their own experiences with any of these brands? I'm looking for reviews on picture quality, problems, # or warranty claims.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anon2
Unregistered guest
You are asking everyone to re-invent the wheel.

Each brand has a thread. Read, read, read!

DLP-Dave
Unregistered guest
The Toshiba and the Panny are reviewed at www.dlptvreview.com. They are the top rated DLP's, the Panny got a 93.4/100 score, and the Toshiba got 92/100.

I have the Panny and it is a great TV in HD, SD, and with DVD. Tweeter has a great online sale on it right now if you are interested.

FYI
Unregistered guest
These are the best prices I know of, on the best two display technologies, in my opinion, of course. HD is great on the bigger screen size. SD is not so hot, though. It's a trade off. That's why a 46 inch screen may look better.

[link removed]

http://www.streetprices.com/Electronics/Consumer/TV/Projection_61in/SP2279213.ht ml?sortdetail=sortdetailbylowprice%2F

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us