Panasonic DMR-E85H DVR

Username: Enconwjc

MA

Post Number: 2
I have had the Panasonic DMR-E85H DVR for less than a year and until a few weeks ago it functioned perfectly fine.

SETUP
First let me tell you about the way I have it set up physically...from the cable wall outlet, I have a coaxial cable (75 ohm) going into the DVR. From the DVR I have a coaxial cable (75 ohm) going into my Panasonic Television. I also have a separate DVD player going into the A/V jacks input #1 and a VCR going into the A/V jacks input #2. On the output side of the DVR I have component Video out going into the Component Video In on my Panasonic TV. I also have the DVR Audio Output #1 going to the Audio Input #1 on my Panasonic TV. Audio output #2 goes to my stereo and Video Output#2 goes to my Panasonic TV Video Input #2. Thats about it for setup. Oh, I have Charter Cable (NO CABLE BOX)http://www.charter.com which has TV Guide Onscreen capabilities.

PROBLEM
Ok, here is the issue, again the unit has functioned fine until a few weeks ago.

The TV Guide on Screen Channel Listings are all mixed up. It lists TV Shows incorrectly ... it shows the correct time and date but the program listings are all discombobulated. Some of the programs that I record weekly now just record static, so I have to stop the recording and change the channel to the correct station (not the one shown in the listing)...so for example, I record the show "24" every week and have for some time, successfully. Well,I have changed none of the settings, and "24" still shows up as the program scheduled to record (in the TV Guide Onscreen listings). but when it is time for the program to air, it records the program "Coin Vault." I then have to select a different channel in order to record "24." One last thing ... the networks that are listed near the channels in the On Screen TV Guide are all screwed up as well (ie. ABC is shown when it should be CBS). The Bizarre thing is the listings appear correct but when the onscreen listing is selected it is the wrong channel.

Finally, again No setup configuration changes have occured to prompt this issue. I have confirmed my cable configuation setup in the unit (ie. zip code, no cable box, etc.)

MA

Post Number: 3
Anyone out there???? ...should I contact the MFR?

MA

Post Number: 4
FYI ALL THAT HAVE THIS PROBLEM, this is the Panasonic responce to the problem:

Thank you for your inquiry. Please follow the below steps:

1. Turn on the unit
2. Press and Hold the Channel up and channel down buttons on the unit
until the unit shuts off
3. Turn on the unit.

If you are still having a problem then we recommend having the product
checked by an authorized Panasonic service center.

You can visit the following address to find the authorized service
facility in your area.

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/WhereTo/FindServicer.asp?Pass=1

The warranty period for the product is one-year parts and labor coverage
for service. The warranty period begins at the time of purchase. The
original sales receipt or a copy of the sales receipt is required to
validate warranty service.

Thank you for your interest in Panasonic products.

Sincerely,
Representative
Panasonic Customer Call Center

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us