Is my setup safe?

Username: Tysonfan

Post Number: 1
Hi. I have a Sony DVD Player, a Panasonic VCR/DVD player, and an RCA TV. The reason I am in need of a separate DVD player in addition to my VCR/DVD combo is that certain specific DVDs do not seem to play well in the combo deck. Since my TV is ancient (but still looks very good), it only has a coax input, while the Sony DVD player has only A/V output jacks. I tried hooking the line out on the DVD player to the line in on the VCR, and with the DVDs I have tried, the image seems fine. However, in the manual for the DVD player it say not to try such a setup as it may "result in poor image quality from DVDs". I am not interested in recording from DVD to tape or anything, I just want to be able to use my DVD player without need of a new TV. My (perhaps naive) question, then, is this: is there any danger of damage to any of my equipment (TV, VCR/DVD combo, DVD player) as a result of this configuration? Thank you very much.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 655
No, the manual says that because in most cases there will be problems with playback because of the copy protection on the DVDs.

Username: Tysonfan

Post Number: 2
So there is no potential for damage? Good. Then as long as I don't run into any DVDs with such copy protection I guess I'm OK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us