If you had to buy a dlp today what would it be? Why?

iwantanewtv
Unregistered guest
What dlp would you buy right now? Why? Thanks for your opinions.

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
I don't know what size you're looking for, but I like this one.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=4941739& isbn=&pid=

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=5029645& isbn=&pid=

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
I've searched greatly for over 6 months. I expected to buy a DLP. I waited forever on the samsung 74 series - - no big deal. I amazed myself and ended up with a Sony LCD - XS line! I know I've made the right decision - especially since my TV is in a bright room. NO glare, great colors - fantastic picture! My fav DLP's were the Samsung 74 series and the Hitachi v810 series - these are the best.

iwantanewtv
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your post guys. I'm looking for a 50" dlp.

Anonymous

CONSUMERS UNIT! If you purchased an LG RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television and thought it had the newer HD2+ DLP inside, please contact the Competition Bureau of Canada immediately at: compbureau@cb-bc.gc.ca .....you may be eligable for a cash settlement from LG Canada!<br>
<br>
Please read the following:<br><br>
I purchased an LG RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television via special order from Futureshop on November 6th, 2004 based on the component specifications that were advertised on the Futureshop web site and the LG Canada web site, and after receiving the product it came to my attention that the newer HD2+ DLP technology that was advertised as being in the product was not so, due to what I felt was an inferior picture quality. <br>
<br>
I challenged both Futureshop and LG Canada on what I suspected was older technology that was used inside of this product and they both "assured" me that this was not the case and that the product did indeed have the new technology inside as advertised. The LG representative, even went so far as to say that the older technology version of the product (there were two releases of the product - one with the old HD2 DLP chip and .155mm screen and one with the newer HD2+ DLP chip and a .098mm fine pitch lenticular screen) was never even brought in to Canada as they waited for the new release before bringing the product into the country. <br>
<br>
Not really believing either of these company's spokespersons, I had LG Canada send the product's serial number to the manufacturer in Korea. A representative of the manufacturer, emailed me to confirm my suspicions as to the inferior components used in the product, based on the detailed serial number records they keep, indicating all components used in the product's manufacture. He also indicated to me that the &quot;advertised&quot; .098mm fine pitch screen was never incorporated into this particular product either! It was only produced with the lower quality .155mm screen....... another false specification passed on to us consumers by LG Canada!<br>
<br>
Now, here is where it gets really interesting......After learning this, LG Canada called me to thank me for bringing this matter to their attention and offered me some "LG promotional trinkets" to consider keeping this older technology version of the television. When I refused to accept this offer and pushed them to exchange my TV for one that had the advertised components inside, they flat out refused indicating that this product was not available via LG Canada due to the logistics and expense that would be incurred to bring in one piece from Korea to satisfy only me. <br>
<br>
The LG rep also indicated to me verbally that LG Canada had never ever received any of these newer version HD2+ DLP technology products in Canada! This means that they have been selling the older HD2 DLP technology stock they have in their warehouse as the newer HD2+ DLP technology through all of their Canadian Dealers, and the dealers have been advertising the product to the consumer as having this newer HD2+ DLP technology! <br>
<br>
WHAT A MAJOR RIP OFF TO ALL CONSUMERS WHO ALREADY PURCHASED THIS TV!<br>
<br>
Futureshop has agreed to allow me to return this product for a full refund, however I do feel victimized by this situation having to go through all of this ordeal with these companies for several months now and ending up back where I started - spending countless hours researching the web for product reviews hoping that this time what I purchase will be what it says it is.
I am sure that all of the other customers that purchased this product would be very disgruntled and feel victimized as well after learning of this deceit from LG Canada and the dealers from where they purchased it.<br>
<br>
It should be noted that since sending LG Canada notification of my intent to contact the Competition Bureau of Canada (http://cb-bc.gc.ca/epic/internet/incb-bc.nsf/en/h_ct02141e.html), they have just recently updated their website to indicate the components used inside of the RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television as being the older DLP technology! You can view this at: http://ca.lge.com/en/prodmodeldetail.do?actType=search&amp;page=1&amp;modelCategoryId=010301&amp;categoryId=010301&amp;parentId=0103&amp;m odelCodeDisplay=RU-52SZ61D&amp;model=Select+a+model<br>
<br>
I guess LG Canada is now finally admitting the truth about what it is that they are actually selling!
Too bad for all of the consumers that already purchased this unit...<br>
<br>Please forward this post to as many newsgroups as possible. Only by uniting together as consumers will we be able to make this company accountable for their false advertising! <br>
<br>

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 35
If I was to get a DLP Projection TV I'd...be in heaven because I'll never make that much money! LOL

DEATH BY DLP
Unregistered guest
GET A SONY XS-DLP MITS I HAD ,SUCKED,SENT BACK AND GOT SONY XS INSTEAD. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.
ALSO A FRIEND OF MINE GOT KILLED BY COLOR WHEEL FLYING OUT OF TV,AND HIS WIFE GOT HYPNOTIZED BY THE RAINBOW EFFECT.

Bronze Member
Username: Vikingknut

Post Number: 20
Oh yeah!!! Well my Toshiba DLP did my taxes and found an additional $6999 in tax deductions. Plus a friend of mine is using his LCD's screen door effect as an actual screen door.

Henry CA
Unregistered guest
LCD is only good for PC monitor. DLP is made for big screen display.
Anyone who uses CAP not reason and calling 'death to' not facts is a neocon red-stater.

MR . DEFICIET
Unregistered guest
Dumb Lousy Purchase-
that is all i will say.
and did you know,that LCD was more popular in blue states'and clinton was watching one when he was with MONICA LEWINSKY

MR. JERRY FARWELL
Unregistered guest
DEGENERATIVE LUNITIC PURCHASE-
lcd blows dlp away,and is much safer.
spinning color wheel can kill,and rainbow effect will cause you to go blind,and fan noise can make you deaf.
GET THE MESSAGE ABOUT DLP.THESE IDIOTS BOUGHTN AND ARE NOW STUCK WITH THERES.WISE UP GO SONY!

Anonymous

Only extreme radical liberal morons could make a television purchase into a political statement.

Bronze Member
Username: Madmax389

Post Number: 14
You know the problem with Sony, Toshiba and others? The effin speakers on the side of the set. It pushes a 50" diagonal to 55" of width needed to put the stupid TV anywhere. Samsung slim bezel 56" (5674) will fit into 50" space. Yeah LCD is brighter, but all the technologies are going to need lamp replacements and Samsung lamps can be had for $189. Besides, I'd rather have more screen real estate for the same price that fits in the space in need it to. I just bought a 5674 for these reasons.

MadMax

DLP4ME
Unregistered guest
LOVE THE SONY OR ANY LCD.
DLP IS NOT PERFECTED,AND WILL BE OBSOLETE IN A FEW YRS.
ANY THING WITH A SPINNING COLOR WHEEL,THAT PRODUCES RAINBOWS IS OLD SCHOOL.
LCD4ME

bustenchops
Unregistered guest
DLP4ME! -for once i agree with you!
how is your life partner doing?
i think he's cute.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
hay DLP4ME push here...
Upload

Username: Xxxfubar187xxx

Post Number: 8
This board has really gone down hill. I think it's time for the admin's to step in and start banning IP's.

As for your TV the HLP5674 or HLP4674 models suggested above are very good buys. Both set's are discontinued due to the lack of an internal HDTV tuner. My plan is to hang tough for the 1080p models. The difference between the 720p and 1080p models looks to be significant. If the difference isn't great I'll just pick up a 720p HD2+ model and save some money. I want my PS3 pumping out 1080p as soon as I get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
It was just a joke man! You gotta have a laugh one in a while. Lighten up!

Bronze Member
Username: Madmax389

Post Number: 15
Fubar,

I figured the 1080p models would take another price leap and I wanted the HD2+ without the internal ATSC tuner (don't really need it since Bright House will supply a HD box instead of SD at no additional cost). The 5674 has HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs; more than any model I have seen with tuner and/or cablecard slot. PS3's not for another year yet so maybe 1080p prices will be down by then.

MadMax

LCD4ME!
Unregistered guest
NONE-GET WITH IT -LCD4ME

Anonymous

You're that disturbed unregistered hi-jacker!
Hey DLP4RME!/LCD4ME!/KLAUSS/MISH/MITSIBUSHY,
Sony sucks!
Don't let that screen door hit you in the face!

Retarded idiot!

Push here...

Caps.gif

Anonymous

You're that disturbed unregistered hi-jacker!
Hey DLP4RME!/LCD4ME!/KLAUSS/MISH/MITSIBUSHY,
Sony sucks!
Don't let that screen door hit you in the face!

Retarded idiot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us