SONY KDF-70XBR950 - Please Help Me!

Username: Bakushan

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 1
Hey,

I have just purchased my brand new KDF-70XBR950. I forked over SEVERAL thousand dollars (more than 7) cash to buy this thing. I was under the impression that this was the best LCD TV that you could buy from sony..

I have had it in my house for EXACTLY 3 days. It will not work. It wont come on. I press the power button, and after blinking green on and off, it will blink red 5 times in a row, a silence, and then 5 times in a row again.

The TV has been working GREAT for the last 3 days, and now it does this? What the hell is the deal. It should not be having a single problem this early in the process. I cannot believe that this is happening to me. I have been saving for years for the ultimate television, and now I cant even get my grand turismo fix..

Please help. I know I can call a tech to come and fix it for free, but then I have to wait. Having just paid $7000.00+ 3 days ago, should I be having to wait to watch my own damn television? What can I do?

I have tried un plugging it for 30 seconds, one minute, 5 minutes, and 30 minutes. Nothing works. It does the same thing. It wont come on. No sound, no picture, no anything.

Please help, anyone.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
I don't own a Sony but it sounds like your bulb burned out.

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 39
where did u get it? if at your local store, demand a replacement right away. I had that same model before and after a week of using, 2 large dead pixel appeared and on the 3rd week, its about 11 and called my salesman and he offered to replace it but it'll take him about a month so ended up w/ a front projector.

M.A.
Unregistered guest
Demand a replacement. A 3-day-old TV should not behave the way you described.

Anon2
Unregistered guest
Get rid of it! Buy a DLP!

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 37
Thats an error code. Your set is broken.

Did you buy it from a store with a 30 day exchange policy?

If not call Sony Service right away. They will send someone to your house to fix it.

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
I bought a Sony 60XS LCD for about $3800. I saw the XS and the XBR line right next to each other - could not tell a difference!!! I'd say return it and save a bundle.
PS - I shopped over 6 months and looked at EVERY LCD/DLP. I love my XS!
PPS - The WF is almost just the same as the XS - only one digital input (not a big issue) and different looking speakers.

LCD Guy
Unregistered guest
I was told by a salesman that the XS series replaced the XBR line, and that the XBR models you still see for sale are last years model. Scott, your right about the difference betwwen the WF and XS. I studied both and have concluded that the only difference is the additional HDMI input and a 5 speaker sound system instead of 3 with the WF. I have the KDF-55WF655 55" and am very happy with it. You might want to confirm the if the XBR is last years model, as I do not believe everything a salesman tells me.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 41
XBR RP sets are unchanged from last year. They are still current models, not left-overs.

The current GWIV sest did not replace the XBR's

The KDF-70XBR950 is Sony's largest RP set. The XS line stops at 60".

LACIARES
Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN KV-29XBR85 SONY, THE TV TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO APPEAR, ONCE IT DOES, IT BLINKS. IS IT WORTH FIXING?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us