Toshiba HM and HMX Owners with upconverting players?

Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 8
To any of you with the above mentioned sets who have purchased or tested upconverting players how do you think the TV's scaler compares to the ones in the player? I'm trying to determine if a good progressive player would be a better match with the display doing the scaling as opposed to an upconverting player where it does the scaling. I know that the HM and HMX84 series uses the Genesis GM6015 video processor and wonder how it might compare to some of the newer upconverting players scaler. If you provide feedback on your opinions and what player you have tested and if you noticed any PQ improvement with using 480p as opposed to 720p settings on the player.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So nobody has this combination?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Anyone?

Mikey - OR
Unregistered guest
Sorry K-Dog I have the same question for everyone, as I don't know if its worth it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Mikey,

I had a similar thread on AVS forum and from what I have heard a decent upconverting player will provide some PQ improvement as opposed to a standard progressive player with the HM/HMX series displays. Some of the models I have seen feedback from with positive results

Toshiba SD-V592 (combo DVD/VCR) good PQ but some reports of picture shift
Panasonic S97 good results
Sony DVP-NS975V good results
LG DVB-418 good results with 1080i
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us